Baby Showers!

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By bklynfinest77
  • 1 Post By mjbaby
  • 1 Post By Breana_Ashlee

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
I know we've talked about baby shower's a little bit but who is having one and when is it?? I'm sure most of you are probably having them in the next month or 2 right?? Are you getting excited?!?

I'm a little sad I won't get a shower since this is baby #2. I don't really care about the gifts, I just see a shower as a party to celebrate this new baby and am sad this baby isn't getting that but I guess that's just how 2nd babies go.

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
April 9th, 2013, 09:05 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
MIL is throwing me a "sprinkle" on may 18th. the idea still makes me uncomfortable since i was raised that showers are for 1st babies only, but she's super excited.
April 9th, 2013, 09:06 AM
bklynfinest77's Avatar Super Mommy
Mine is May 25th ... im super excited, cant wait!
Shea131 likes this.

April 9th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Veteran
A friend is organizing a little one for me on Apr 21. It will be co-ed, no games or anything. So really it's just a party which is perfect. I've been promised there will be cupcakes.
offthewallfilms likes this.
April 9th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
This is my second baby but I'm throwing myself a shower. Lol I never had a bridal shower or baby shower so I feel like this is my one chance to do it. It's not about the gifts for me, just a hance to celebrate the baby and pregnancy. I think we will do the shower in late June. I have started planning food but that's it. Lol
April 9th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
No plans for a shower for me. This is my second baby (gender still unknown) and my twin sister literally just had her baby 9 months ago. I threw her a shower and had so much fun. She threw me a shower 5 years earlier for my first.
I don't really need anything but I like your thinking MJBABY. Cupcakes are always welcomed!
My friend at work is really trying to convince me to have a shower. I figure if they throw one, I'll be happy but otherwise I don't expect one

April 9th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Breana_Ashlee's Avatar Veteran
My shower is May 26th.. my sisters are making it this big extravaganza.. im just like blehh.. but they are super excited so ill do my best to enjoy it... ive never been a big party or people person... i still fight the urge to slap someone when ever they touch my belly
Shea131 likes this.

[/CENTER]
April 9th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Super Mommy
I'm having one May 18th or 19th (guess I need to find out what day, huh?). I know that it's going to be pirate themed and there will be cake, but that's pretty much all I know. My co-workers are also doing something small next week too.

"Shake it up now, Sugaree. I'll meet you at the Jubilee. And if that Jubilee don't come. Maybe I'll meet you on the run."
April 9th, 2013, 10:49 AM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
My bff is doing mine on June 2nd. I want just a small thing and an excuse to eat cake.

April 9th, 2013, 11:24 AM
MamaLemonade's Avatar ~~Whitney~~
My Sil insist on a shower, so I'm gonna let her do it. They weren't there for ds& dd so this the first baby they really had to celebrate
Mommy to:C(5), M(4), T(1), awaiting #4
Married to my <3 since 8/09

April 9th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Twin Mama
My co-workers are throwing one for me April 15th, next monday! So sweet of them, I think they are getting all the office in on it too via video confrencing.

My mom & MIL are throwing one for my May 11th thats friends/family ect.

April 9th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Super Mommy
My twin sister is throwing me one April 20 (!!!). That will mostly friends. My inlaws are having one in their hometown on May 31, and my mother is having a "meet the baby" party sometime after he/she arrives.

I feel excited to be showered with so much love! I was depressed and feeling quite alone at first, because I don't have any real friends here so none of these parties are in the city where I live- I have to travel at least 2 1/2 to 5 hours for each of these showers. I'm feeling a lot better now.
April 9th, 2013, 02:06 PM
TerriLF's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm having a little get together in the beginning of June but this is our 3rd child so I don't feel right about it. We didn't have one for the second and hubby REALLY doesn't agree with this one, but my grandmother-in-law insists and it will be nice to celebrate our last baby I guess..
April 9th, 2013, 02:59 PM
marriedtoamountie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not here, but we welcome visitors and will probably have a bunch of people over one night for a BBQ to welcome baby home!

April 9th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Veteran
My best friends are throwing me a shower and its my third baby. I am excited but said keep it small. I am cloth diapering and am set for that. For those of you on your second or third that feel like you should not have a shower, maybe you should have a diaper shower. Everyone brings diapers and just celebrates the baby. I had that with my second and it was really nice!
April 9th, 2013, 05:30 PM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
I don't know of any shower plans, but we'll be having family over for dds bday in early June, then probably do some sort of housewarming/welcome baby party in Aug or Sept.

April 9th, 2013, 08:22 PM
jkgreen's Avatar Awaiting Our First Bundle
My mom is throwing me one on June 2nd... And my MIL and SIL are throwing me one on June 9th. ....

April 9th, 2013, 08:24 PM
mommamuffin's Avatar Super Mommy
I always thought of baby showers being a first baby only thing, so we're going to have a party after the baby is born so we can have a celebration for him/her as well. It's not fair for just the oldest to get all the celebration!

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q796/DLLovell/SquishyDDC_zps630852e9.gif[/IMG] [IMG]

[FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="Green"]Christina (me), Steve (SO), Isabelle & Leonardo.
April 10th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
I really want to have a diaper shower but don't exactly want to throw one for myself! haha! A lot of our friends and family are beer drinkers so I thought it would be fun to have a party at our house on a Friday or Saturday night and have a keg, bonfire, and food and anyone that comes has to bring diapers. Like I said though, I don't really want to put my own diaper shower together because then I feel like I'm begging. I don't know what to do??

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
April 10th, 2013, 11:56 AM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No baby shower here. This is baby number 3 for us, I did throw myself a very small shower for my first and I like the idea of a welcome baby get together after baby is born but we live pretty far from family and don't really know anyone around here. However my birthday is April 20th so I will be making cupcakes and me and my kiddos will eat them! Lol maybe I'll do pink frosting and say they're birthday/baby cupcakes!

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search