Anyone else being asked "So how many days left?"

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Kisses-4-Baby
  • 1 Post By bellabri287
  • 5 Post By .:fearless:.
  • 1 Post By Kiam

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Veteran
Anyone's belly so big they look full term.

People are shocked every time I say ... "July"
When I caught a plane at 24 weeks I had to show them my paperwork as they thought I was lying about the due date.
April 15th, 2013, 11:09 PM
Kisses-4-Baby's Avatar Super Mommy
Yes I had something similar at church the other day. Except it was how many weeks to go? When I told them I was 28 weeks with 12 weeks to go they had a shocked face and asked me if I was sure it wasn't twins. Lol. I don't take offence though. As long as bubs is growing and healthy
appletree likes this.
Baby #4 Due July 7th!!

April 15th, 2013, 11:11 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
Nope. I am barely starting to look pregnant. I feel huge though

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

April 16th, 2013, 12:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Nope. Strangers have not noticed I am pregnant yet. I have definitely popped though so I'm expecting someone to comment soon. I have been wearing form fitting clothes to accentuate my baby bump. I think a few people have given me second looks but it isn't big enough that people feel comfortable inquiring.
April 16th, 2013, 03:56 AM
jkgreen's Avatar Awaiting Our First Bundle
Though I don't think that I look full term.... I do get asked... Just yesterday I was walking into work and a mall walker struck up a conversation with me... Though some of her questions were kind of awkward.

April 16th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Twin Mama
Technically I'm already measuring full term but I have twins in there so... but nobody has asked me that yet, maybe because I am a plus size lady my giant bump looks smaller than it is.
appletree likes this.

April 16th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
People ask me when I'm due but I don't think they are expecting me to say in just a couple weeks? I'm tired of being asked what I'm having since I don't know!!!!!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
April 16th, 2013, 08:31 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Not yet but I know it will sooner or later.
April 16th, 2013, 09:11 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been asked a couple times "how much longer?" And my reply is always "a really long time!"

April 16th, 2013, 09:14 AM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hate the "are you excited?". No. Not at all. Idiot question right there.
keekopeeko, luvHim, Kiam and 2 others like this.
April 16th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Veteran
I am asked all the time... I am 5'2" tall so I am all out front. My poor little guy is pretty cramped so I try no to get to upset when people ask. My favorite tho is when I am asked when are you do, I say mid july, they say oh my twins? I say no, Why do you ask LOL!
April 16th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygirl95648 View Post
I am asked all the time... I am 5'2" tall so I am all out front. My poor little guy is pretty cramped so I try no to get to upset when people ask. My favorite tho is when I am asked when are you do, I say mid july, they say oh my twins? I say no, Why do you ask LOL!
Me too lol 5'2 and
Carrying all pointy torpedo like
April 16th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by appletree View Post
Me too lol 5'2 and
Carrying all pointy torpedo like
Yeah, I'm 5"2 as well and all belly. A couple of weeks ago one of the directors at my company laughed and said "Hmmm, you look different..." I said "What? You only realized it just now?" And he said "Well, a little bird told me today and before that I didn't want to assume... I've already made that mistake once in my career!"
April 16th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It sounds like we need some updated belly pictures from people.
April 16th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was standing behind a cupboard at work on Monday and was asked "Oh, did you have the baby over the weekend?" then I moved away from the cupboard and said "No... It's still there".

Yep, I popped it out on the weekend and back to work on Monday morning.
marriedtoamountie likes this.

April 16th, 2013, 04:17 PM
#5 = the "Newbie"
Yes, I just say "why do I look fat to you?" usually shuts them up, LOL. I do kind of feel bad, but it is none of a strangers business how far along I am!

Barbara 38
Bill 40
Lexi 17
Jeremy 12
Dylan 9
Nathan born April 23, 2012
April 17th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Easton's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Last night I went to Wal-mart just for cleaning supplies. I have finally hit the nesting stage... I bought like $37 worth of cleaning stuff. When I went to check out the lady made some comment on "nesting" and asked when I was due. I told her the latter part of July she made some comment on how I look ready to pop... she thought next month. THANK YOU! I don't already feel large in everyway possible I love when random people tell me about how large I look... so kind.

Thank you Vicki for my AMAZING siggy!

April 17th, 2013, 11:58 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easton's Mommy View Post
Last night I went to Wal-mart just for cleaning supplies. I have finally hit the nesting stage... I bought like $37 worth of cleaning stuff. When I went to check out the lady made some comment on "nesting" and asked when I was due. I told her the latter part of July she made some comment on how I look ready to pop... she thought next month. THANK YOU! I don't already feel large in everyway possible I love when random people tell me about how large I look... so kind.
because you're "big sexy!" hehe i wont forget that name

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search