dull constant cramping..

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2013, 06:13 AM
TerriLF's Avatar Super Mommy
I never had Braxton hicks contractions with either of my past pregnancies. I didn't have contacts with DS at all until given Pitocin and I never had them with Audrey. She was a scheduled csection. I'm not sure if maybe that is what I am experiencing.

I have this somewhat constant dull period like cramps. It feels a lot like period cramps because it is constant. They don't come and go. The pain is in my lower belly and wraps around to my hips. It is 8am here and I am at work. I don't want to call the doc if it is nothing and have to leave work to drive 45 minutes to the doc. My belly is pretty tight feeling all the time from being stretched so much already, but I can't really feel that is tighter than normal or anything. I thought that is usually how BH felt (like a tightening). Anyone had BH and felt similar to me..
April 18th, 2013, 06:24 AM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
BH feel like there's a huge rock in your belly, well at least to me they do. My contractions start out as period like cramping and tightening and they usually spread to my back. Personally I would call to at least talk to a nurse. Are you making sure you're staying hydrated? Maybe drink a glass or two of water and see if that helps? Also make sure you keep your bladder as empty as possible (two things that my OB keeps telling me that do help sometimes but not always). Also my OB asks about bowel movements, if you haven't had one in 12-24 hours it can cause cramping as well. I hope it's just one of those for you and not contractions. Keep us updated!

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

April 18th, 2013, 09:21 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Whenever I have had BH they are very tightening and kind of do a pattern for a bit but not constant crampy. Could it be your uterus stretching? I agree with PP and keep drinking water and emptying.

I hope it eases up for you and you feel better soon. please KUP !

April 18th, 2013, 11:53 AM
I thought maybe I just needed to go to the bathroom, but I was able to go and it has been 2 hours and now the cramping is coming and going. I am drinking some water now and am going to see if that helps. I really don't want to be a nervous Nellie and call the doc over nothing. I just haven't had this with my other 2, but I know every pregnancy is different so that doesn't mean it is completely fine and normal..whatever it is..
April 18th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Easton's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been having BH all the time. I actually called my office because I had some pain/cramping with them. They had me come in and hook me up to the monitors although at the time I was having no issues... then they just told me to time out my cramping/pains and to take it easy. My pain usually happens in my lower belly or on the right hand side in the middle. I also get period type cramping which for me is hip and leg pain. Nobody seemed concerned or overly worried they just told me to relax and take it easy when I felt them and drink lots of water.

I hope this helps ease your mind but it still may be worth giving your office a call. A friend of mine who just had a baby in January was having similar issues and her office put her on bedrest... everyone's body does different things.

Thank you Vicki for my AMAZING siggy!

April 18th, 2013, 02:02 PM
I've been drinking water like crazy and am feeling better now. Thanks ladies!
April 18th, 2013, 03:08 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
I've had the same almost constantly for the past two weeks, and have been practically drowning in water the whole time. It isn't a far cry from what BH feel like for me - the same cramping accompanied by this fist in my stomach - but I do definitely feel a difference between them. Nurse seemed to think the cramping was just uterus growing.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
April 18th, 2013, 06:00 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you're feeling better! Even though you have never had them before, they are very common in subsequent pregnancies. Mine started EARLY on, middle of 2nd trimester and this is my 5th baby. Mine are actually getting a little more than cramping and pretty annoying.
April 18th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Well it is back. I'm laying down and drinking water but it hasn't helped yet..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search