Anyone not have a name yet?

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2013, 03:53 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
I feel so behind because we have like 5 or 6 names on our list but nothing is stuck yet. I know what names I'm rooting for but I can't get DH on board yet.

April 22nd, 2013, 04:05 PM
Twin Mama
Bummer you can't get DH on board. Maybe just start calling the baby the name you like and it will stick? DH kinda did that, I was indecisive and he just kept using the names and eventually I started using them too.
MeggysMommy likes this.

April 22nd, 2013, 04:25 PM
Veteran
Not really. We may have a first name, but DH wants to live with it for a while and make sure he still likes it. There are some middle name candidates, but that's not been settled yet, either.
April 22nd, 2013, 04:27 PM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
I'm in the same place, a few possibilities, but nothing certain. We've been asking dd what to name him and all she's said is "baby brother"... til recently, she learned her best friend at daycare has a little brother named Colin, so now she says he should be Colin. Dh won't commit to any name yet. We didn't decide for sure on dd til she was born, but we were 95% on her name... no where near that yet this time!

April 22nd, 2013, 04:57 PM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No name here either! I want Caleb, but DH only likes the spelling Kaleb which I am not ok with. So it may be back to the drawing board!
April 22nd, 2013, 05:32 PM
Veteran
Me...

No one can agree on a name.
I am sick of it to be honest.

I have picked two names that either my mother doesnt like or my daughter doesnt like
they pick names that dh doesnt like

its borderline ridiculous
April 22nd, 2013, 05:33 PM
Gini_3boys's Avatar Super Mommy
I thought we had a name chose before we knew it was for sure a boy but after we found out, DH said he really didn't care for the name that much and I started to feel the same way too. Now we are back to square 1 and can't agree on anything.

Devin - 06/29/2004 Riley - 03/01/2007 Kyler - 07/20/2010 Tanner - 07/30/2013
April 23rd, 2013, 05:22 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by tela View Post
No name here either! I want Caleb, but DH only likes the spelling Kaleb which I am not ok with. So it may be back to the drawing board!
I agree, Kaleb with a K isn't great. I like the C version. Not the case here, but I have serious distain for any name that's a misspelled version of the original.
tela likes this.
April 23rd, 2013, 05:36 AM
jkgreen's Avatar Awaiting Our First Bundle
I'm so sorry guys.. This must be so frusterating, but it made me smile. We have basically our names picked out since high school. (Weird, I know) I did have a pouting week though. I really like the spelling Tygh, but my husband said no, it will just be Ty. I really thought that if I pouted for a week, he would give in.( Yes, im that girl who mainly gets her way in this household.. im a brat) No such luck. I even made him his favorite dessert. Lol, he took one bite and said its delicious, but its still going to be T-Y. He's a jerk. Lol, good luck ladies.

April 23rd, 2013, 05:36 AM
sweetie77's Avatar Mommy to 3+1
Same thing so far all we have is Caleb DH likes that it will work with the siblings names which are Corey & Cameron .I am not sure plus we need a middle name ugh
April 23rd, 2013, 05:57 AM
TerriLF's Avatar Super Mommy
We don't even have a list. We can't agree on any boy names. We had a girl name ready, but already know we won't be using it. LOL.
April 23rd, 2013, 06:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
No names here!
We have a bunch of 'boy' options but NO girl options AT all.
Two problems--Mothers instinct: really believes this baby is a girl. Plus Indiana (our oldest) has SUCH a great name. It is hard to top or match. We just joked if the baby is a girl, we will name her Indiana the second
MeggysMommy likes this.

April 23rd, 2013, 06:35 AM
HappilyTogether's Avatar Cautiously Expecting
We haven't discussed names at all. I am terrified to even try to pick a name.
April 23rd, 2013, 07:06 AM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
The only thing we have for sure is her middle name will be Robin. That is DHs middle name.

April 23rd, 2013, 08:40 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck ladies! My best advise is don't listen to ANY one other than your DH... I don't even think siblings should have a say.. I ask opinions but I don't let it sway my choices.. there are precious few names that you AND your DH will like so roll with THOSE if they come along

April 23rd, 2013, 01:39 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
We finally agreed on a name very recently. We had a few picked out & couldn't decide which one we liked best & DH wanted to wait until birth to make a final decision but I felt like I needed to name him sooner. We narrowed it down to 2 & my mom hated 1 name & my sister hated the other so that made it hard but one day it clicked & I basically just told DH what his name would be lol luckily he agreed!
April 23rd, 2013, 01:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have a name but only because I eventually relented and let DH have his way. I really wanted to name her Eliot but thats my DH's name and he thought it'd be too confusing so we went with Emmalyn. I picked out 2 middle names (Drew & Paige) and he chose the one he liked best. So her name will be Emmalyn Drew. I'm sorry you all are still stuck on names. It's so frustrating when you can't agree on something. Hope you all find names you love soon!

April 23rd, 2013, 04:05 PM
Super Mommy
I forced DH to sit down with me a couple of weeks ago and go through some ideas. We wrote a list of 5 names each. I vetoed 2 of DH's and he vetoed 2 of mine. Then he picked the top two on my list and I picked the top two on mine. That left us with 6 names. Together, we ranked from 1-6 which one we liked the most and were able to narrow it down to the top two.
offthewallfilms likes this.
April 23rd, 2013, 07:05 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
We don't have any names except a girl's middle name... We're going to end up at the hospital with a list like we did with DS3.
April 23rd, 2013, 07:30 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck!! I just started calling her Karsyn
MeggysMommy likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search