BTDT: Diaper bags and baby carriers.

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By .:fearless:.

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2013, 10:51 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
So, how do you ladies handle having a baby in a carrier and using a diaper bag? I picked out my dream diaper bag, but it is messenger style.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

April 23rd, 2013, 05:49 AM
bklynfinest77's Avatar Super Mommy
The only think I can thing of with that type of bag is put it on first then the carrier ... But Italy be airtime tricky

April 23rd, 2013, 07:24 AM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would say put the carrier on first and baby in the carrier and then put the bag on. I had an over the shoulder bag and it was a little bit of a pain to deal with. I decided with 3 kids I didn't care if my diaper bag was cute anymore and got an awesome back pack diaper bag and it is so much easier to use with the ergo. I would think if you were using a wrap or sling it might be a little easier with a messenger bag than an ergo or something like that.

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

April 23rd, 2013, 09:04 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I always just throw it over one should or the other.. Messenger style seems perfect to me.. Mine has a shoulder strap.. If we are going somewhere for the day usually DH and I switch off carrying it.. Or I'd recommend a back pack for the longer days... Grocery shopping or church or parks .. Or whatever.. It just gets set down somewhere so it doesn't matter much...

April 24th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Veteran
If you need the full bag, messenger is fine. Just throw it over one shoulder after you have the baby strapped on.

But personally, I had a large wristlet custom made for me on Etsy. It was big enough to hold my wallet, keys, a diaper or two, travel pack of wipes, thin disposable changing pad (basically a thick paper towel) and trial tube of diaper cream. Unless I was going out for an extended errand or long day, I'd just carry that. It hung on my wrist and was easy to manage with the baby in the carrier. I always kept a spare larger diaper bag in the car, though, with more essentials (change of clothes, etc.) just in case.
April 24th, 2013, 09:26 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by writergurrl View Post
If you need the full bag, messenger is fine. Just throw it over one shoulder after you have the baby strapped on.

But personally, I had a large wristlet custom made for me on Etsy. It was big enough to hold my wallet, keys, a diaper or two, travel pack of wipes, thin disposable changing pad (basically a thick paper towel) and trial tube of diaper cream. Unless I was going out for an extended errand or long day, I'd just carry that. It hung on my wrist and was easy to manage with the baby in the carrier. I always kept a spare larger diaper bag in the car, though, with more essentials (change of clothes, etc.) just in case.
Pictures? Or link?

I guess my problem is I always have drinks and snacks packed for my bigger kids .. So those are a bit much for a wrist thing...

April 24th, 2013, 11:56 AM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
I usually just throw the diaper bag on my shoulder, then carry the baby seat hooked in my elbow. I carry extra stuff too because I have older kiddos. It takes a week or so to really get it figured out but it works well for me.
April 24th, 2013, 04:53 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I baby wear and I use a messenger style bag. I put my bag on first, then I put on baby. I use a Ju Ju Be Be hip, or a BFF. Any messenger style would work though. The hip is VERY light though and today (I usually use cloth, but we are using sposies right now for diarehha lol) I had 4 disposables, an extra outfit, hard wipe case, toy, my wallet, a wet bag, an envelope full of cash and box tops, a tommee tippee sippy cup and a container of puffs, all INSIDE of the bag. No outside pockets were used. I slowly added another onsie, and some papers in the bag. I easily could of put more in, but didn't need it.
LadyGamer likes this.
April 27th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Veteran
Sorry I'm late responding to this.

Here's a link to one I had made. This seller has lovely quality goods and she's reasonably priced, too.

Custom listing for Cshives by wooden45 on Etsy

We don't have mass transit here, so 95% of the time if I'm carrying a baby, I've just left my car and am walking through a store or office building or whatnot. So I just keep the big diaper bag in the car, and carry the wristlet with the bare essentials. I could probably even squeeze in two of those small juice boxes and a bag of 100-calorie snacks, if I wanted, especially if I trimmed down my wallet.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search