anyone else not done anything yet to prepare for baby?

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2013, 07:03 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
am i still alone here?!?! i have not done anything to prepare for baby. granted it is baby boy #2, and we saved everything from DS. so, i don't have much to buy. but, DH and i have both been so busy that moving DS to his new big boy room has been put on hold. DH is building him a VW bus loft bed (which will be awesome!!!), but it's nowhere near complete. until that room is finished, i can't go through any of the baby clothing bins since there's nowhere to put it! oh, and baby still doesn't have a name. i feel a bit guilty that i over-prepared for DS and am so under-prepared for this baby!
April 29th, 2013, 07:15 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
I've done minimal preparing... picking up baby clothes and gear here and there when I see it on sale. No name yet. No room preparation/decorating since we dont have a room yet! I was definitely more on the ball with DD, but there's not a lot I can do this time since we're moving. Although, even if we werent moving, I don't feel the same pressure/urgency I felt with her.

April 29th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Count me in this club!!

The room we have designated as the nursery (my office) is still cluttered with my office items. The crib which we were using as my daughter's toddler bed, was recently taken apart but is still in pieces thrown in the baby room.

We have not locked on any names or really discussed it until recently.

The gender of baby is unknown. If the baby is a girl, we have a ton of clothing left over from my oldest (who is 5) and my twin sister's baby (who is turning 1 in July). If the baby is a boy, I may have some neutral items but not a ton. I have bought ONE little onesie for new baby and a crib mattress. Other than that, NOTHING else.

I am not in a hurry to start cluttering my house again with baby things considering I feel I have FINALLY been able to get rid of those items with my oldest.

I was feeling guilty but after speaking to other second-time Mom's apparently its perfectly normal. This time around, we know what we are doing

That being said, I really should focus on cleaning out that room next week.
I'll be 31 weeks end of the week. I was 39 weeks when I delivered my first.

April 29th, 2013, 08:04 AM
HappilyTogether's Avatar Super Mommy
I have done absolutely nothing at all. DH is far too busy with our house (seriously, everything broke a few months ago...literally everything! so much so that we haven't even lived there since February and it will probably be another month before we can move back in), and I am far too sick to do anything at all. I hate it, I feel miserable and guilty.
April 29th, 2013, 08:06 AM
#5 = the "Newbie"
We haven't done anything either. We are having a boy and my youngest just turned one last week, so really we only have to buy a double stroller and some size diapers and we are set.

Barbara 38
Bill 40
Lexi 17
Jeremy 12
Dylan 9
Nathan born April 23, 2012
April 29th, 2013, 09:23 AM
LeslieRN72's Avatar Veteran
Me! We don't have a room prepared either. We have 5 bedrooms. I like having a dedicated guestroom and playroom. My guestroom is the most important thing to me. I always want people to feel welcome in my home and that they have their own space.

My 8 1/2 year old wants our 2 1/2 year old to move into his room and sleep in the bottom bunk. My youngest is still a bit wild and isn't ready yet. If he isn't ready by the time baby is born, we'll just put the crib in the guestroom temporarily and move it elsewhere when guests come. We'll be finishing our basement in autumn-which will double as the new playroom. We can shift things around then if needed.

I guess with #3 it's less fussy. We have what we need. We're flexible and pretty much roll with the punches.

Everybody has their own way of doing things and raising their children. No one way is better than the other. The end product will be the same no matter what path you take, and never let anyone make you feel otherwise.
April 29th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've bought a few clothes and we have a name but beyond that, we haven't prepared for anything really. We're in the middle of renovation, so that is taking up a lot of my time. However, he'll be co-sleeping with us for the first little while, so we have a while before we need to prepare a space for him. Not to mention I have tons of hand-me-downs for him.

Getting prepared for a baby becomes much less urgent after having your first lol

April 29th, 2013, 09:48 AM
bklynfinest77's Avatar Super Mommy
We havent done much either all we done is buy a stroller and a few baby clothes... I have nothing else all my kids are older so i dont have nothing saved from them either .. I actually feel rush but cant really do much cause of bedrest... My babyshower is in 3 weeks after the shower whatever i didnt get im just going to get all at once ..

April 29th, 2013, 09:55 AM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
I guess that depends on your definition of doing I've been given things. I still haven't washed any of it, though! I've stuck a lot of stuff in my closet to be wiped down later. I cleared out a drawer for baby clothes. That would be all! Slackers unite

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
April 29th, 2013, 10:34 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is baby number 4 and most of my stuff is out on loan and I'll get it back when I have the baby.. I've really not done much at all... I'm starting to think I'm probably going to forget something really important..

April 29th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think I've done all we're going to do except the washing. This is baby #5 and we cosleep/ bed share so really I just cleared out 2 of my drawers for her and threw a changing pad on top of my dresser. No nursery for this kid. As far as packing or installing the carseat or washing clothes or equipment that will probably happen mid June. I'm really in no rush and I don't nest until right before I go into labor.

April 30th, 2013, 05:16 AM
Super Mommy
The only thing left for us to do is organize our bedroom to fit the baby's crib. I can't do that yet because the crib is at my sister's. She is bringing it over at the end of the month. Meanwhile, baby's clothes are all in plastic bins under my bed and have been sorted by size. I need some kind of dresser (or maybe even a pantry or something) to put them in, along with all the other stuff like creams, lotions, wipes, etc.... I think my parents will help me shop for one when they come over at the end of the month. Then I'll be in a better position to take all the baby clothes out, clean them, and organize everything a little better.
April 30th, 2013, 05:26 AM
TerriLF's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm with you. We are in the process of remodeling the kids bedrooms and since we have nowhere to put baby stuff, we haven't got anything. Well we already have the crib, swing, bouncer and stroller but besides that, very little clothing or anything. Hopefully being in a mad dash to get ready will make these last months fly by.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search