Breast Pumps

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By bklynfinest77
  • 1 Post By MeggysMommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2013, 06:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sure this has already been posted but I'm wondering if anyone was able to get their pump covered by insurance 100%. From what I've read online, its pretty hit or miss and insurance companies often say they only cover them if medically necessary but going through the DME supplier directly seems to get things moving. I thought that with the new Affordable Healthcare laws insurance companies were supposed to cover them 100%. I will have Blue Cross Blue Shield starting June 1st but have Aetna until then.

April 29th, 2013, 07:04 PM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
From wht I've read most cover them but the rules are different with each one as to where you can purchase it and when (during pregnancy or within baby's first year). We have military insurance (Tricare) and they only cover a pump if your baby is in the NICU or the mother has a medical condition where she absolutely can't breastfeed but can pump and you have to have a written letter from your doctor for that.

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

April 29th, 2013, 07:19 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
I'd try and call Aetna and see what they say.

April 29th, 2013, 07:38 PM
ahruska's Avatar Super Mommy
Mine will but not until after baby is born so not so helpful since I have to go through a DME. I have United Healthcare.

April 29th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Veteran
Ddc crashing in.
With my insurance, gilsbar, it will cover any pump 100%, from wherever i want to purchase, but i have to wait until the baby is here. Call your insurance and ask lots of questions. I took notes and got the name and employee id number to efrence in the future in case if i have problems later.
April 29th, 2013, 08:21 PM
bklynfinest77's Avatar Super Mommy
cigna cover 100% you have order 30 days before your due date ... you cant pick which one you want unless you have a note from your dr .. but they tend to carry the medela and avent brand
getnthere and MeggysMommy like this.

April 29th, 2013, 10:45 PM
getnthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have cigna and have to look into it. I have a older one that I'm not sure works. I have to get 100$ in new parts to get it going again.

April 30th, 2013, 06:06 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i have UHC. they will cover it 100%, but i can't place the order until 30 days before my due date. i have a choice of 3 medical supply companies. edgewater park was extremely rude on the phone and said they are out of stock on the medela pumps and couldn't tell me if/when they would get more in stock. so, i will not be going through them. byram was very pleasant to deal with. 30 days before my due date, i'll fill out the form they provided to get the medela double electric advanced (supposedly comparable to the PISA). i got an rx from my OB for a "double electric breastpump" that i need to submit with the claim.
April 30th, 2013, 09:52 AM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tela View Post
i have UHC. they will cover it 100%, but i can't place the order until 30 days before my due date. i have a choice of 3 medical supply companies. edgewater park was extremely rude on the phone and said they are out of stock on the medela pumps and couldn't tell me if/when they would get more in stock. so, i will not be going through them. byram was very pleasant to deal with. 30 days before my due date, i'll fill out the form they provided to get the medela double electric advanced (supposedly comparable to the PISA). i got an rx from my OB for a "double electric breastpump" that i need to submit with the claim.
Byram is a great supplier to get things through! My brother gets his diabetic stuff through them and has never had any issues.
tela likes this.

April 30th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Veteran
where do i look to find this about insurance to cover this. I have a school board insurance in louisiana. Thanks a bunch
April 30th, 2013, 03:44 PM
TerriLF's Avatar Super Mommy
I have BCBS and was told that I will be eligible for a pump in September when my employer renews their policy. This is because our current policy was put in place before the new laws came out and we aren't covered until after the renewal by the new laws.. I am happy and will be ordering one in September. I have my old one until then and will be just nursing most of the time anyways.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search