I'm becoming a hypochondriac...

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jkgreen
  • 1 Post By bklynfinest77
  • 1 Post By tela

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Twin Mama
I swear I'm loosing it. I had a CBC complete blood count done with my GD tests last week. The results came back and OMG half of them are flagged with a H, L or Abnormal. I freaked out at work, thanks for emailing me them doctor... Anyways, I emailed my doctor to call me or message me since I am really worried about them, he told me hes only worried that my WBC white blood count is really high. It has been for some time, I saw a hematologist for it at the start of pregnancy. But it's since gone up and the doctor wants me to re-test in a couple weeks. Now I'm searching what that could indicate and it's all sorts of nasty scary things like leukemia, auto immune diseases ect. I can't help but sit here in tears thinking "I NEED TO BE HERE FOR MY BABIES". So I emailed him again asking about leukemia and diseases, he said it's not high enough to be leukemia and the other labs are not anything eh thinks I need to worry about. My next appt with him is May 10th, it's going to kill me waiting that long for some in person reassurance.

Of course DH has to work late tonight when I wish he was home to hug me and tell me I'm fine and stop being a lunatic. I am not normally like this, something about knowing these little ones need me once they come out is causing me to be irrational. Just the thought of something being seriously wrong with me so I can't be here for them just tears me up inside.

I just need out get that out, crying on the couch just isn't doing it for me. I don't know how else to be OK right now and not worry.

April 29th, 2013, 06:10 PM
jkgreen's Avatar Awaiting Our First Bundle
Awe mama!!! I'm assuring you that if it was something serious, your doctor wouldn't be so chill about it. You will be there for your babies!! Don't worry, everything will just fine!
GranolaMamaOf3 likes this.

April 29th, 2013, 07:01 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry mama My WBC has been elevated for several months now (not sure of numbers as my MW just does a pee strip at each appt), but I feel totally fine!
April 29th, 2013, 07:36 PM
bklynfinest77's Avatar Super Mommy
aaww hugs sweetie .. my wbc is always up but my dr doesnt worry to much about it ... if it was something major im sure they would have asks you to come in sooner ... dont worry yourself it about everything is going to be fine ... stay away from the internet sweetie it would drive you insane ...lol

April 29th, 2013, 07:43 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
I agree with the other ladies, if it were really high or worth stressing over they'd have you come in sooner, but I know it's so easy to freak out especially now that you're going to be a mommy!
April 29th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Veteran
My wc was up last pg at this time,

I think it was 2-3x what it should have been. Did your dr just mention it was up or did you get one of those printouts? where it says which types are raised?

Mine was just some infection I didnt even notice I had, body was just off quietly fighting it

Having twins, I imagine things can go all out of whack even more so too
April 29th, 2013, 09:49 PM
Krisnina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My doctor says if I don't hear from her, then it's good news and no need to worry....so maybe that's the same thinking of your doctor.

April 30th, 2013, 05:47 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
try not to worry. and DO NOT GOOGLE!!! it is the devil, lol. my CBC was full of H and L too. my dad is an internist, so i called him to talk about the results. he said that my profile was typical for a stress response. and no need to worry!!! also, with increased blood volume, the cutoffs for "normal" do not necessarily apply to pregnant women.
May 2nd, 2013, 05:45 PM
Twin Mama
it's so hard to not worry but I have avoided Dr google since that night I flipped out. you ladies are right, if my doctor was very concerned i would be in his office that day. instead he asked me to repeat the cbc in 2 weeks, may 9th. my next appt with him is may 10th so I wont have results back yet but i'll drill him about what that all means. i imagine that with one pregnancy let alone 2 babies in there my normal levels are all out of wack... but its still nerve wraking to see all those L's and H's.

May 5th, 2013, 10:44 AM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥

I'm sure he'd have you in sooner if he were concerned, but I would definitely be nervous if it were me! I hope the results at the next appt are less concerning!

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search