Anyone else still have friends/family who don't know about the pregnancy?

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jessifer

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Veteran
I never made a FB announcement, so I still have people in the dark. Mostly just friends I never see, but some family. DH has cousins we see at every major holiday (Easter, Christmas, Thanksgiving). They didn't come to Easter, so they still don't know. I admit it will amuse me to see them at Thanksgiving with an almost-5-month-old baby that they didn't know about, mostly just to see their reaction. (Although someone will likely spill the beans on FB before that.)

Anyone else have peeps still in the dark?
April 30th, 2013, 09:16 PM
mommamuffin's Avatar Super Mommy
Yeah, some extended family and friends we don't really see often anymore don't know. We didn't make a formal fb announcement either, so it's really just sort of hit-or-miss, lol. It's all sort of amusing to me too - I told the people I wanted to tell, and everyone else can figure it out eventually!

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q796/DLLovell/SquishyDDC_zps630852e9.gif[/IMG] [IMG]

[FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="Green"]Christina (me), Steve (SO), Isabelle & Leonardo.
April 30th, 2013, 10:32 PM
getnthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didnt tell Facebook. I get offended that people Im in touch with on facebook alone dont know me anymore. If they have seen me in last 6 mos they know.

May 1st, 2013, 12:13 AM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
Same here. Some people are still surprised. "Why didn't you tell me?!" You know, if you don't talk to me enough to know by now then obviously you aren't in my life enough to matter. Why would I go out of my way to share my business? But pretty much all of my photography clients know, which says something about everyone else because I don't generally socialize with them unless they want portraits!

There is something about being pregnant that makes people want to climb up in your cervix and build a little hut to live in. There was one girl who we don't talk to - she's the ex-girlfriend of a guy BF and I were friends with years ago - never a friend of mine by any stretch. She saw an u/s picture I tagged BF in and friend requested me, wanted to know why she didn't know I was pregnant. Uh, why would you?

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
May 1st, 2013, 07:46 AM
Super Mommy
I didn't make a FB announcement, but my parents did so I'm assuming that most of the family knows.

"Shake it up now, Sugaree. I'll meet you at the Jubilee. And if that Jubilee don't come. Maybe I'll meet you on the run."
May 1st, 2013, 07:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I didn't make a FB announcement with my first one or post a lot of baby pics, so people were always surprised when they met me.
I made sure family and friends knew.
This time around, I did put a post up on FB but only after I was 20 weeks.

May 1st, 2013, 08:13 AM
HappilyTogether's Avatar Super Mommy
I have family and friends who do not know. We just don't see these people often if at all anymore, so perhaps they will find out from mutual friends and such, but otherwise I am not going out of my way to tell people.
May 1st, 2013, 10:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm pretty sure everyone knows. When I was pregnant with my son I didn't announce it on FB at all until he was born. People were shocked. I had received mixed comments on my pregnancy and just didn't want to hear it so I kept the pregnancy very private. This time I didn't care what people thought so once we knew what we were having we announced on FB.

May 1st, 2013, 12:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I announced on Facebook since I only have close friends and family on there. Since I don't keep up with a lot of my extended family, they may not even know I have a second kid, let alone a third. Everyone who matters knows, at the very least.

May 1st, 2013, 01:28 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
I'm pretty sure everyone knows. We'll see.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

May 1st, 2013, 03:57 PM
Super Mommy
I'm quite sure that between my mom and my sister blabbing it to everyone the minute I gave them the "ok" to do it, the entire planet knows about this baby.
LessthanThree likes this.
May 1st, 2013, 04:09 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We did make a mrntion of it on facebook, we both have family overseas so it's not like we see them often at all.

Everyone who matters knows.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search