Final 10

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree17Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2013, 12:13 AM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
The last 10 weeks are approaching. I know some of us are already in them, depending on when the littles will be born. Is anyone else blow away by this?! It seems like November was just a week or two ago. How is everyone else feeling? Overwhelmed? Worried? Excited? Content? A little of everything?

I suppose I shall go first. I admit I'm a little sad that pregnancy is nearly over. I really enjoy it (I know I'm lucky to be able to!). I don't really know how to but I want to savor the time I have left. It has been such a special experience and I think I'm going to miss it. I know the best part is yet to come, though. I'm really happy for this little one to be here I hope I still will be when she's three weeks old, three months old, six months old, etc..

I think my biggest worries are about complications with birth. I want her to be healthy and safe, and there seems to be a big storm cloud looming overhead with that. I also worry that all the people telling me how horrible it is going to be are right, that I'll hate being a mother and fail at it miserably. It seems impossible but I know some parents who really do seem miserable. I wouldn't ever want to feel that way about my child.
GranolaMamaOf3 likes this.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
May 1st, 2013, 04:44 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i have 9 weeks until my EDD and it flew by!!! physically i'm feeling miserable - huge, tired, and sore, wondering how i'm going to make it another 2 months. but i try to stay positive - i'm a very healthy pregnant woman, something that should not be taken for granted. i admit that i am excited that this is my last baby and i never have to do it again! i'm nervous about adding baby #2 since it's been just DS for over 4 years. but i can't wait to see the bond that forms between my 2 boys. i'm excited about labor as i had a great experience last time. and i am looking forward to BFing again. i am really hoping that this baby does not have colic. that was the hardest part of the baby stage for us with DS. i honestly don't know that i could go through it again.
May 1st, 2013, 04:51 AM
Veteran
I've got 9-10 weeks to go I guess (30 weeks now and c-section scheduled at 39 weeks).

I am always miserable during pregnancy. I am the most miserable pregnant woman I know. Physically I feel terrible, emotionally I am a wreck, and I am a cranky pants on top of it all. So I'll be super glad when that part is down. And, honestly, I am already looking forward to getting started with losing the baby weight. One of the things I like least about pregnancy is the weight gain.

On the other hand, I have this irrational morbid fear of dying during childbirth. I worry most about leaving my current children motherless. This obsesses me constantly, to the point that I want to hold off on having this baby so that, in case I die, I'll have extra time with my kids now. Yeah. I told you it was morbid.

I am also worried that something will be wrong with this baby. We didn't have any type of testing done, and I'm an older mom (39 years old now!), so everything is riskier.

But, I still hope/pray all to go well. And if it does, then I am very much looking forward to meeting this baby, holding him in my arms, and feeling him snuggle against me. Nothing is better than cuddling an infant! And that new baby smell is so sweet.

So, all in all, I'd say I feel impatient and worried with a mix of hopefulness.
May 1st, 2013, 04:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It also flew by for me and I'm kind of sad about how quickly it went. I'm tired and sore most of the time but I love being pregnant. I'm super excited for Alex to get here but I'm going to miss being pregnant.
NinjaCakes likes this.

May 1st, 2013, 05:34 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
Today is exactly 11 weeks until my scheduled c-section (7/17). Yesterday I started looking up some c-section recovery tips and it kinda freaked me out about the birth... the first time I've really worried about it at all... so I'm just gonna not think about that for now.

Overall this pregnancy has gone quickly and I'm also excited I'll never have to do it again. While I'm not in the worst shape for being miserable, it's still not fun.

I do wish we had some final contenders for names for this kid!

May 1st, 2013, 06:43 AM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have 11 weeks until my EDD but I have a feeling she'll be born between 38 and 39 weeks (hopefully not sooner). I'm excited and I'm very anxious to hit at least 36 weeks (I'm supposed to stop my meds and bed rest at 34 weeks). I'm nervous as to how DS2 will adjust as he is very attached to me and often wants to be held or sit on my lap. Looking back so far this pregnancy has gone by pretty quickly but right now it seems to be going slowly since I have to go to the doctor weekly (and here that typically doesn't start until 36 weeks). It's kind of crazy that it's May already! (DS2 will be 2 on June 3rd and that seems crazy to me too!)

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

May 1st, 2013, 07:04 AM
HappilyTogether's Avatar Cautiously Expecting
I cannot wait for this pregnancy to be over, I feel so miserable and so sick all the time. I am scared. Everyone keeps telling me it is "so worth it", but I don't see that I will feel that way. People also tell me that I'll forget about all the sickness I've been experiencing, but I have a hard time believing that I could ever forget feeling this awful. I've heard of people still continuing with HG for up to 6 months after having the baby, I can't imagine going through that on top of everything else. I cannot get that thought out of my head. I am so worried that the HG won't end. I have other worries too about things...about labour, delivery, the baby, etc.
May 1st, 2013, 07:37 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a little Facebook ticker thing that popped up today and said I was 28 weeks and I have 12 more weeks... But I ALWAYS tack an extra two weeks on... So I still say I have 14 weeks left to go

May 1st, 2013, 07:49 AM
ahruska's Avatar Super Mommy
I have about 11 weeks left and am ready to be done. I am also a miserable preggo and am still dealing with nausea sometimes but haven't thrown up in about 2 weeks. I'm scare about how DD with adapt to this new baby and how hard it will be to add another. The first few months with DD were awful she hardly slept and just cried and cried. Turns out she had reflux but the Drs. were thinking we were just first time parents and didn't know what we were talking about. I just don't want to go through that again. I also had a bad case of baby blues/or slight PPD that was rough.
NinjaCakes likes this.

May 1st, 2013, 08:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have 8 weeks to go before my scheduled csection. I'm in no rush not to be pregnant since this is my last but I am anxious to meet my daughter. I'm nervous about having another csection and hoping and praying we both come through the delivery healthy and safe.
NinjaCakes likes this.

May 1st, 2013, 12:30 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
I'm so nervous and I'm going to be so bummed when she's no longer inside me kicking I'm so head over heels with that side of pregnancy. I'm trying to cherish it
NinjaCakes likes this.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

May 1st, 2013, 12:38 PM
OnesOnTheWay's Avatar #2 Due July 19, 2013
I have 11 weeks left as of today!!! (if I go until my due date...).. and I agree, November seems like YESTERDAY! This pregnancy has FLOWN by!!! It almost doesn't even seem real. I have to pinch myself when I think how much is going to change. Having a NEWBORN in the house and a 6 year old! Honestly, It kind of feels like being a FTM all over again! I don't remember anything and I am actually more nervous about labor/delivery this time than I was with my first!

And since I had a shower with my first, lots of people bought me stuff and I felt more prepared... going into this with practically nothing and I don't expect a shower.. so I am wondering what the heck do I need! lol!!
NinjaCakes likes this.
May 1st, 2013, 02:20 PM
TerriLF's Avatar Super Mommy
I agree that it still doesn't feel real. I can't believe we will soon have 3 kids and this will be my last time being pregnant. I have 10 weeks till scheduled csection and that sounds like forever to me, but I know it will go quickly since we have so much to do.

I can't wait to be 37 weeks and know that I am SOO close and that it could really be any day..even though I am having a planned csection around 38 or 39 weeks..
May 1st, 2013, 02:28 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Double

Last edited by Kiam; May 1st, 2013 at 04:14 PM.
May 1st, 2013, 02:28 PM
I have 9 weeks until my due date... well, 8 and a half.

I'll be honest, I dislike pregnancy. I have no 'medical' reason to, I have had a pretty cruisy ride in that regard. I am still getting myself around on public transport with no issues, I can still run for trains, I can still do almost everything I did prior to pregnancy.

I just hate not being acknowledged as a person and being recognised as a thing. I am a very independent person with a lot of self-pride and quite high standards for myself, so having my body spoken to without any acknowledgement of me as a person turns me very snappy, because I could not think of a single more conceited, rude act, yet, if I say to someone who is chattering away at my stomach without as much as a hello to me "Hi, up here, hello, could you please not do that?" then it's 'pregnancy hormones' causing me to be annoyed by it, not the sheer rudeness, of course.

Or the general way that people feel like their asshat behaviour can be brushed off with "Oh pregnancy hormones" no... regardless of whether I a pregnant or not, you are still acting like an asshat.

Or, my biggest thing that gets me on my soapbox, people trying to force me to do or consume things that I do not want to do / consume, and using the whole "But baby wants to". No, baby does not, and even if baby did and I do not, that is not how the host/parasite relationship works. Host makes all the decisions. Parasite is just along for the ride. (And the one time I actually used this comparison the person I was talking to was horrified... I have to stop assuming that people know what the definitions of words mean. I know that I can be somewhat of an intellectual snob, I admit that, but come on).

Or, you know, people who just like arguing and set you up for arguments. Since when is 'sheeple' a word by the way? Oh, and just so everyone is aware, I am going to be the most awful mother in the world according to lots of argumentative people. One of those real disgusting pro-vaccination, public education, pro-choice, not planning on re-homing cat, going back to work, not making pre-enrolements into 'kindermusik' mothers. Apparently those ones shouldn't be allowed on the face of this earth.

And finally, I am tired of people spruiking their businesses to me. Does everyone have a baby-related business now? Do that many women pop out a baby and suddenly develop this infatuation with some arbitrary part of life that they can manufacture and sell to other mothers who are not quite as obsessive?
Through customers at work alone I have had:
Crazy home made $200 baby carrier that is really a piece of fabric lady
Frozen baby food delivery lady who doesn't deliver to me because I live semi-rural but wants me to come and pick up her frozen baby food from her
Personalised named onesie lady (stranger danger 101: don't display your name)
Baby football scarf lady

Other pregnant women who do the whole "Oh pregnancy is so difficult because I was craving some chocolate last night and my husband was asleep and I woke him up and he had to drive to the shops to buy me some and they were out of the roast almond ones so I had to eat hazelnut."
If that is your major pregnancy woe then shut up. Really.

Okay, I just really don't like the idiots. I suspect I may like pregnancy more once I am on maternity leave and am no longer running baby early literacy sessions in an upper-class neighbourhood where women wouldn't know how privileged they are if it slapped them in the face.
tela, pearlica and mjbaby like this.

May 1st, 2013, 03:20 PM
Veteran
Kiam, I LOVE this rant.
offthewallfilms likes this.
May 1st, 2013, 03:59 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
My due date is in 11 weeks (+5 days) but I am having a c-section around 38-39 weeks, so I am right around the 10 week mark! Today my sister pointed out that I only have 2 full months to go, then like 2 weeks in July and I'm done..it feels like it's going to fast now!

I am excited for all our babies to start arriving, I'm sure we'll have a few that surprise us and come next month! Thats crazy!
May 1st, 2013, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbaby View Post
Kiam, I LOVE this rant.
In just really bothers me that years ago I was in a bad way financially and ended up pole dancing and was treated with more respect there then I am at the moment.

Not saying we should be acting disrespectful to people who work in the sex industry, but of a society that over-glorifies motherhood, we still display such misogyny towards pregnant women, from both men and women.

But as long as young girls are raised to believe that their worth is only in the home and that motherhood is their ultimate goal, we cannot expect anything more.

May 1st, 2013, 06:02 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiam View Post
In just really bothers me that years ago I was in a bad way financially and ended up pole dancing and was treated with more respect there then I am at the moment.

Not saying we should be acting disrespectful to people who work in the sex industry, but of a society that over-glorifies motherhood, we still display such misogyny towards pregnant women, from both men and women.

But as long as young girls are raised to believe that their worth is only in the home and that motherhood is their ultimate goal, we cannot expect anything more.
I work in a very male dominated field (university prof in engineering). It's been driving me a little nuts that although I'm quite successful at what I do I suddenly get treated like a wife or daughter instead of a colleague. I've been experiencing a lot of what I'd characterize as benevolent sexism, where people say things they mean to be nice that you would never, ever say to a man.

I find older women have been the worst offenders on the telling me what to eat/what to do front. A friend of my inlaws took one look at me and said I looked anemic. What?! I happened to have the test a week later and I am most certainly not.

I don't enjoy being pregnant and it most certainly hasn't gone quickly. But I am looking forward to the baby part

p.s. Also, I'd love to see the rest of your resume. So far I know librarian, pole dancer, and food safety person.
Kiam likes this.
May 1st, 2013, 06:08 PM
marriedtoamountie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so excited to meet this baby, but I'm SO SO sad to be done. This is our last baby, and I LOVE being pregnant.
NinjaCakes likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search