Crazy weight gain?

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Logiesmomma
  • 1 Post By TerriLF
  • 1 Post By LessthanThree
  • 1 Post By NinjaCakes
  • 1 Post By tela

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2013, 01:56 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
Has anyone else gotten on the scale & discovered they gained a lot since their last check up? Yikes, I had my appt today & I've gained 8 lbs in a month I knew it'd be a lot because I'm no longer experiencing nausea & vomiting like I was before, and I've been craving sweets, so I was somewhat prepared to see a big jump in numbers but still shocked to see +8 lbs.

Last edited by doodoosmom; May 1st, 2013 at 06:21 PM.
May 1st, 2013, 02:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That happened to me two months ago. I gained 7lbs in just under 4 weeks. I was mortified! Mostly I was afraid the weight gain would continue at such a crazy rate and I'd be a whale by delivery day. Luckily, its slowed and I only gained 3 lbs in 4 weeks at this last appointment.
doodoosmom and GranolaMamaOf3 like this.

May 1st, 2013, 02:13 PM
TerriLF's Avatar Super Mommy
try 15 lbs. in 3 weeks! I hadn't gained anything until my last apt when I had gained 15 lbs. since my last apt only 3 weeks earlier. I was SHOCKED!!
doodoosmom likes this.
May 1st, 2013, 02:44 PM
#5 = the "Newbie"
If your body has been in starvation mode due to nausea/vomiting then once you are able to keep things down your body will hold onto everything and slow your metabolism way down. A friend of mine always throws up and has nausea until the third trimester and then she is able to eat and keep it down. She loses 10-15 pounds, but still ends up with about a 30lb weight gain which is 40 lbs in 3 months.

Barbara 38
Bill 40
Lexi 17
Jeremy 12
Dylan 9
Nathan born April 23, 2012
May 1st, 2013, 03:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That happened to me earlier when I jumped up from 206 to 218 (where I am now). That's pretty mild compared to my crazy weight gain when I was pregnant with my first though... I gained 10 pounds in 1 week! I literally ate a whole box of those push-pops in one night.
doodoosmom likes this.

May 1st, 2013, 03:50 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
Prior to this appt I had only gained 2 lbs total so I am still only at 10 lbs so the Dr isn't worried at all, I am just worried i'll keep gaining like this! I probably should lay off the ice cream sandwhiches and chocolate chips cookies now. It's nice to be able to eat again and not throw up everything I eat though!
May 1st, 2013, 03:55 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
That happened to me earlier in pregnancy as well, it was a shock. It hasn't happened again though. I imagine it's normal, especially in/towards the third trimester when baby's weight gain speeds up. Ice cream sandwiches sound perfectly delicious to me
doodoosmom likes this.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
May 1st, 2013, 04:19 PM
HappilyTogether's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm still having nausea and vomiting, but I'm gaining crazy amounts of weight. I'm eating loads of food and constantly having cravings for sweet/sugary foods. If it keeps up (average gain is 3 lbs per week the last few months) as it has been I'll have gained 60 lbs by the time I'm due.
May 1st, 2013, 05:05 PM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ever since I started gaining at 14 weeks, I have gained 1.75 lbs/week on average. That's 7 lbs per month every month!!! I'm up 30 lbs and its not slowing down. I'm going to be a whale by delivery.
Logiesmomma likes this.
May 2nd, 2013, 12:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It's normal to gain 1 pound a week during the final months.
I'm already at 180 and I was at 170 for the longest time.
I think I've gained 10 pounds in the last 3 weeks. CRAZY

May 3rd, 2013, 07:10 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logiesmomma View Post
That happened to me two months ago. I gained 7lbs in just under 4 weeks. I was mortified! Mostly I was afraid the weight gain would continue at such a crazy rate and I'd be a whale by delivery day. Luckily, its slowed and I only gained 3 lbs in 4 weeks at this last appointment.
^^This. word for word!

I've gained 30lbs so far, and my average has been about a lb a week. I'm just hoping not to exceed 45lbs. But I'll keep eating well and let my body/baby gain what I need to.

May 5th, 2013, 10:46 AM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
I'm up 30 pounds too!! At one appt they said I gained 8 lbs in the past month (that freaked me out) but then at the next one I had gained another 10 in a month!! I'm at 2 week appts now and I gained 5 lbs in those two weeks...so apparently I'm on track for another 10 lb month. Ugh.

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search