Slings & Carriers!

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2013, 01:33 PM
OnesOnTheWay's Avatar #2 Due July 19, 2013
Has anyone bought any slings or baby carriers yet?

I just bought my first ring sling! It's a mesh one made for water But the fabric is so breathable it will be perfect for everyday use during the hot weather. I just hope baby likes it.. my daughter hated slings!
GranolaMamaOf3 likes this.
May 5th, 2013, 01:50 PM
jkgreen's Avatar Awaiting Our First Bundle
I bought mine off of sevenslings.com... I hope mine likes it too.. I think it will be so useful.

May 5th, 2013, 03:16 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
I have one that DH's Aunt made me last pregnancy. I didn't use it for long because I felt like it was awkward.

May 5th, 2013, 04:28 PM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
With dd I bought a bunch but mainly used a baby ktan and ergo. I sold my ergo since it was girly and I got a good deal on a beco butterfly to replace it. Yesterday I was looking up tutorials on making a ring sling, so I think I'm going to try to make one, and use the leftover fabric to make dd one for her dolls.

May 5th, 2013, 04:31 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
Someone gave me a carrier which is really nice. I hope to buy a sling at some point.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
May 5th, 2013, 04:39 PM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have an ergo and I just bought baby k'tan. I didnt baby wear much last time and I'm hoping to do more this time.
May 5th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
I didn't wear DD so I'm not eager to buy one this time because I don't want to waste my money if I'm not going to use it. Maybe with a 3 year old to chase after though it may come in handy for baby?? I'm just gonna play it by ear and decide after baby is here if I want to give it a try.
OnesOnTheWay likes this.

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
May 5th, 2013, 06:26 PM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have an ergo and a moby wrap that I used with my boys and will be using those again!
OnesOnTheWay likes this.

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

May 5th, 2013, 08:11 PM
bklynfinest77's Avatar Super Mommy
we have a bjorn .. but we don't baby wear much

May 5th, 2013, 09:09 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
I LOVE baby wearing! It has so many benefits for mom and baby! And yes, it makes life chasing after other children SO much easier! I haven't bought any new this time. I'm actually trying to sell some (I had 8 in my collection...!) so I can afford a nice German woven wrap. My BabyHawk Mei Tai is one of my favorites! I also have an ergo, 2 ring slings (one is a water sling) and a Moby wrap.
MeggysMommy likes this.

May 5th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I haven't bought mine yet but I plan on buying an ergo. I finally tried one on today and I loved it. Sooo comfortable. The only problem is that baby has to be 7 pounds to start using it so I may have to buy another wrap for the first few months. I might do a moby because it seems like there are always cheap ones on Craigslist.
May 5th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanGirl View Post
I haven't bought mine yet but I plan on buying an ergo. I finally tried one on today and I loved it. Sooo comfortable. The only problem is that baby has to be 7 pounds to start using it so I may have to buy another wrap for the first few months. I might do a moby because it seems like there are always cheap ones on Craigslist.
I'm actually selling my Moby... just fyi

May 5th, 2013, 11:58 PM
Veteran
I have a moby wrap.
May 6th, 2013, 12:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by GranolaMama View Post
I'm actually selling my Moby... just fyi
How much are you selling it for?
May 6th, 2013, 06:43 AM
Super Mommy
I was given a Bjorn and an Infantino structured carriers and bought a Snugli at a consignment sale. I think someone has bought my Moby wrap off my registry too. I actually plan to use the Moby most often and leave the structured carriers for DH. Depending on how that goes, I'll move up to a woven wrap in about 6 months or so.

"Shake it up now, Sugaree. I'll meet you at the Jubilee. And if that Jubilee don't come. Maybe I'll meet you on the run."
May 6th, 2013, 08:12 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a lot from my previous babies.. I own 4 ringslings but want a water ringsling for this baby.. I have woven wraps.. And a stretchy wrap from loveyduds... And a babyhawk oh snap.. Which is for bigger babies.. So I'm looking to also add a beco Gemini to my collection for the early months,,

Babywearing is a huge huge part of me being a mommy.. I have to wear to survive quite honestly.. But I also absolutely love the closeness and security it gives me for the baby... And the freedom it gives me for my big kids,,

May 6th, 2013, 08:21 AM
(Mods - If this is not okay, please let me know!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanGirl View Post
How much are you selling it for?
It's the Moby UV, color "Sand". I'd like $25 + shipping, ppd.

I also have a new with packaging (never worn) Lucky-Baby reversible pouch sling, size M, in color "Oliver" (no longer available). I'd like $20 + shipping, ppd.

PM me if interested.

Last edited by GranolaMamaOf3; May 6th, 2013 at 08:28 AM.
May 6th, 2013, 08:12 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a baby hawk Mei Tai and I am planning on getting a ring sling, and I think I want to try out a beco or a ergo. I had a buckle carrier before, but I want to try these 2 brands I had an angel pack, I did love it!
May 6th, 2013, 08:57 PM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnesOnTheWay View Post
Has anyone bought any slings or baby carriers yet?

I just bought my first ring sling! It's a mesh one made for water But the fabric is so breathable it will be perfect for everyday use during the hot weather. I just hope baby likes it.. my daughter hated slings!
What kind of mesh one did you get? We're in a hot climate so I have been debating this.

Oct '11 June '12
May 7th, 2013, 05:14 AM
Super Mommy
I have a new Snuggybaby ring sling, in linen. I'm hoping it will be good for nursing and for summer weather.

I still have a Moby wrap and Cybex carrier from DS#1. I've heard that the Moby style wrap is best for carrying baby when you're busy (bending over, etc), so I might try it again inside in the AC. I didn't really use it much with DS#1. The Cybex was nice for taking walks when he was a little older.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search