what will you wear at the hospital?

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2013, 06:31 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
what are you packing to wear PP at the hospital? i had DS in a snowstorm in feb, so i had warm fleece PJs (button front for easier nursing). this time will be july, so i'm not sure what to buy/bring? i bought cheap PJs last time since i was warned that i would bleed and ruin them. well, of course i bled, but it was contained and didn't ruin the PJs. is a nightgown easier than PJs?
May 6th, 2013, 06:42 AM
#5 = the "Newbie"
I usually just wear the pink hospital gowns while I am at the hospital. That way I don't have to worry about getting blood on them, and they also have the "boob hole" for nursing

Barbara 38
Bill 40
Lexi 17
Jeremy 12
Dylan 9
Nathan born April 23, 2012
May 6th, 2013, 06:47 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i find those hospital gowns "scratchy" so i like to bring my own clothes! hopefully we won't have any medical issues this time around, but DS and i were in the hospital for a week, so i def needed my own clothes.
May 6th, 2013, 06:57 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
I just wore the hospital gowns last time. I bought a cheap PJ set from walmart that was loose capri length pants and a sleeveless button down shirt. I still have the set so I'll probably bring it again, not sure if I'll wear it or not.

May 6th, 2013, 07:37 AM
ahruska's Avatar Super Mommy
After I delivered DD the nurse encouraged me to wear the hospital night gowns at first. They were great! I wore that for the first day but they were all closed up in the back and comfy so I didn't mind. After I was able to shower I changed into some lightweight PJ's from home.

May 6th, 2013, 08:29 AM
HappilyTogether's Avatar Cautiously Expecting
I'll just wear what the hospital provides, the last thing I'll want to do when we get home is wash blood stained clothing.
May 6th, 2013, 08:54 AM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
I will just wear the hospital gowns but I'm thinking I will need different going home clothes. Last time I had Megan in October so I wore sweats. This go around I will buy some comfy shorts.

May 6th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I brought some old PJs when I had my daughter and changed into them when I was feeling better after my surgery. Since they were old, I just threw them out when we got home. I'm just going to get some cheap one-size-too-big-for-me pajama pants this time and throw them out later like last time. As far as nursing goes, I just pull my shirt up anyway, so I'll bring some tshirts to wear with my pajama pants.

However, for the first 12ish hours, I'll wear the hospital gown since I will be coming out of surgery and have a catheter in, won't be able to walk, and need the nurse to check on my scars easily.

May 6th, 2013, 11:47 AM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
I am having a c-section so I have to wear the gown the whole first day and night and usually the next day. Last time I asked to change the day after surgery and they said to wait, then when the nurses changed shifts I asked again and they let me. It felt soo good to be in my own clothes!

Last time I brought black yoga pants and pulled them up over my scar & wore those with a nursing tank. I didn't bleed on them but if I had then they were black so no staining. I'll probably do that again this time and possibly a night gown too.
May 6th, 2013, 01:15 PM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My biggest thing is I like to have "easy access" shirts.. And crappy pants so if they get bloody it's no biggie...

May 6th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'll just wear the hospital gowns. I bled really heavily last time and I wasn't even allowed/able to get out of bed to shower until the last day. When I went home last time, I wore my regular jeans and a new t-shirt. I will bring a few cute outfits for the trip home. I am going to be optimistic and bring a couple pairs of pre-preggo jeans and I'll be realistic by bringing a dress because I remember how much it hurt to wear pants for a while. I don't mind the hospital gowns in the hospital though.
May 6th, 2013, 07:11 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
I'm really not sure. Whatever I'm comfortable in at the time. It gets cold in there though so I'd recommend bringing both warm and light clothes. Just a thought.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
May 6th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Twin Mama
probably hospital gown, then maybe a crappy nightgown. its going to be crazy hot so...

no clue what to wear home though. :/

May 6th, 2013, 07:23 PM
bklynfinest77's Avatar Super Mommy
I made a gown for while im laboring but after all is said and done my plan is to wear nursing tank or a regular top with pj bottoms ... I not a night gown type of person so I wouldn't op for that anyway... I will also put some lose shorts in the bag too just in case the pj pant is to much but I doubt I will need them cause we are allowed to control the temp in the room.

May 6th, 2013, 08:03 PM
LittleMomma09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will be wearing the hospital gowns. They don't bother me. Then just something for the trip home. Maybe a dress or some kind of lose outfit. That way if I am comfy in the dress I'll wear that so nothing is pressing on my c-section scar.

May 6th, 2013, 10:30 PM
getnthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ill wear yoga pants home. I really like the bra camisoles so that Id wear while in hospital. I will wear a hospital gown there.

May 6th, 2013, 11:08 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
I wore the hospital gowns last time then went home in comfy pants and hoodie. I may take comfy clothes to wear in the hospital this time. I'm not really sure.

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
May 7th, 2013, 01:16 AM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
i have no clue! probably black pajamas

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

May 7th, 2013, 03:00 AM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hospital gown I suppose then trakkies to go home in.

If I want anything else, our house is walking distance from the hospital, DH can pop home and grab me something and be back within half an hour. 10mins if he drives.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search