Are you still exercising?

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2013, 06:52 AM
mommamuffin's Avatar Super Mommy
The last two days we have gone biking...just about 3 miles each day. The first time I didn't push myself too hard - I could still carry on a conversation while I was biking - but yesterday I pushed myself a little more. Enough that my breathing was a little labored and my face got all red and hot.

My dr says especially with the GD, biking (along with walking) is an excellent form of exercise and to keep it up as long as I feel like I can. I feel great after I do it!

Is anyone else still keeping up with exercise? Even if it isn't so perfectly "regular"?

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q796/DLLovell/SquishyDDC_zps630852e9.gif[/IMG] [IMG]

[FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="Green"]Christina (me), Steve (SO), Isabelle & Leonardo.
May 6th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Veteran
I'm glad I'm not the only one biking!

Previously I was walking a couple miles each weekday and doing prenatal yoga on Sundays. Since the weather got nice I've been biking to work (4mi each way), though there's kind of a major hill going there and the first time I did it I was afraid I was going to make myself sick so I've been biking the flat part and taking the bus up the hill, which seems better. I'm way slower than normal and have to consciously make myself not go down hills too fast, but I love the freedom. I had to make some adjustments to my road bike so I could ride on it without my belly getting in the way.
May 6th, 2013, 08:55 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
umm I never started exercising I always have good intentions, but 20+ weeks of nausea make it hard, and now it's hot!
doodoosmom and tela like this.

May 6th, 2013, 09:13 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i stop exercising when my m/s hits at 5-6 weeks and then never start again! i can't imagine exercising now with my bump this huge. but i am looking forward to going back to the gym (we have a free gym at work) once i am able. this didn't happen until 2+ years PP with DS though since i lost so much weight BFing that i couldn't afford any more calories lost!
May 6th, 2013, 09:27 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes.. Regularly:. I've altered and toned certain things down.. But yes

May 6th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
No, I have problems with painful cramping later in pregnancy which started when I was pregnant with my daughter. I can't even really walk for a long time without pain.

May 6th, 2013, 10:21 AM
HappilyTogether's Avatar Cautiously Expecting
I had always planned on exercising during pregnancy, but the HG has kept me from doing anything at all. Even a couple minute walk is too much for me.
May 6th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Cicada's Avatar Regular
I've been doing prenatal yoga at home 2-4 days a week through most of my pregnancy, as well as 20-30 mins on the elliptical at the beginning. Lately I've been walking our dogs 30 or so minutes 3-5 times a week instead of using the elliptical. Oh, and I do some upper body strength training that's ok for pregnant women.
May 6th, 2013, 12:20 PM
ahruska's Avatar Super Mommy
Now that the nausea/vomiting is finally fading I was hoping to start walking again but I get so out of breath so fast it's kind of a joke. I also get awful pain right under my bump on the left and right sides. Not sure what it is but I got it with DD too. Honestly, chasing a 21 month old around is about all I can handle sometimes.

May 6th, 2013, 02:21 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
I never started either I was walking a lot before pregnancy and up until 6 weeks..our neighborhood has a ton of hills so you get a good work out walking around here but I had to stop at 6 weeks because I was so sick and the nausea/vomitting didn't go away until recently. Now everytime I try to go for walks or do anything I end up cramping or just so out of breath and miserable that it's pathetic. I am kind of bummed because I saved a ton of prenatal work outs and it's just waaaay too uncomfortable now when I try to do them.

I just try to make sure I am not always sitting or laying around. I stay pretty active now that I am feeling better. I am always cleaning or organizing the house, playing outside with the kids, running errands or up doing something these days.
May 6th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yes, but nowhere near as often as I should. Like 2x per week. Lol I do exercise videos like turbojam, pilates, Jillian Michaels, etc. I have to do everything from home since I don't have anyone to watch London. We also do long walks and almost every day, I do my strength training exercises like leg lifts, squats, pushups, etc. I really should be working out more than I am though.
May 6th, 2013, 04:09 PM
OnesOnTheWay's Avatar #2 Due July 19, 2013
Yes!! I am actually excercising more right now than I was my entire 2nd trimester.
I do 20-30 minutes on my bike trainer indoors TWICE a day, strength training with 5lb weights and I just joined a gym yesterday now that it's too hot for me to walk outside.
May 6th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Twin Mama
never started although the weight of the twins is beginning to get to me and my lower region. my hips and just my belly feel very painful and weighted down. makes sense considering i am carrying 2x the human beings. i read pregnancy apps and they say "baby is almost 3lbs this week and 15in long" so double that since the twins have never measured small... oy.

May 6th, 2013, 07:18 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
I wish I felt confident to. I worry about cervical incompetence so I really don't do much anymore. I was just about to start jogging again when my cervical length came to light.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
May 6th, 2013, 10:43 PM
getnthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was told to restart. i was sick with seasonal flu, colds pneumonia, and several other illnesses this year and stopped. Last week I restarted Ive gone 5 days in a row for at least 20 min on elliptical indoor pool or walking.

May 7th, 2013, 03:01 AM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, the bus stop and train station haven't moved themselves any closer, so I am still walking a fair bit.
OnesOnTheWay and mommamuffin like this.

May 7th, 2013, 04:01 AM
Super Mommy
I'm down to just walking, and less often than I intend. I'm hoping to pull out my prenatal yoga dvd today too... contractors are here all day, so we don't have any plans away from home. My 2 YO keeps me running and wrestling and lifting, too!
May 7th, 2013, 10:57 AM
marriedtoamountie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep, I've actually been upping my exercise lately because I've been feeling so good. I'm surprised because with both my previous pregnancies I was feeling large and awkward by this point, and though I have a bump this time, I'm still feeling "smallish" and it's not in my way yet

May 7th, 2013, 05:44 PM
mommamuffin's Avatar Super Mommy
I guess it's normal for us to be exercising a little more now that we were earlier in the pregnancy! That's how I am, too. I'm not doing it as much as I probably should, but every little bit counts...right?

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q796/DLLovell/SquishyDDC_zps630852e9.gif[/IMG] [IMG]

[FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="Green"]Christina (me), Steve (SO), Isabelle & Leonardo.
May 7th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am back running. I stopped for a couple months because I was too sick or tired to do anything. But since I have gotten my energy back I have started back. I walk/jog/walk/jog for 30-40 mins a couple times a week. Before I was pregnant I was running about three miles 3 times a week...sometimes more. But I am having a lot of lower pelvic pain and on days I run I am so sore for the rest of the day. I don't want to stop running completely but I am not loving the discomfort. But I will even get lower pelvic pain on days I don't exercise. It is weird. This second pregnancy is much harder than the first.
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil 4:13

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search