How are you sleeping?

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2013, 06:39 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
Are you getting a good night's sleep or up all night peeing & trying to get comfy?

I've slept really well most of this pregnancy, I had a week or so of pregnancy insomnia & some heartburn at times, but mostly I've slept really well compared to my other pregnancies.

This week I've noticed I can no longer go through the night without getting up to pee & I'm not sleeping quite as well. I also noticed I've had really bad dry mouth at night so I wake up & guzzle water which doesn't help the getting up to pee thing, lol..overall it definitely could be worse..no major complaints with sleep yet!
May 7th, 2013, 07:05 PM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wake up at least 3-4 times per night just to go to the bathroom. I wake up a lot to pain in my hips and my arm falling asleep. So, nope I am not sleeping well

Oct '11 June '12
May 7th, 2013, 07:06 PM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good! I get up to pee a couple times... And I've just started sleeping with a pillow between my knees... But I'm not complaining... All 3 of my other kids are sttn 90% of the time with in the last month and so that's HUGE!

May 7th, 2013, 07:21 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would say good...BUT I am used to having no sleep for the last year lol! I got to bed between 12-130 and sometimes the baby will wake me around 3 to eat. If not, then I will wake around 5/6, just wide awake and then I have to pee. Well, then I am hungry, lol. I have to get up at 610 to get the kids off to school anyhow. Then, at 7 I lay back down on the couch (if I go back into the room it wakes the baby up) and I sleep there till my 5 year old wakes me usually around 830/9. Much more sleep than I have gotten in the last year! The only thing is, I am sleeping on my back. I wake up and I am that way. Grumble.
May 7th, 2013, 07:29 PM
ahruska's Avatar Super Mommy
I wake up 2-3 times during the night to pee. I've also had an awful cold the last several days so not so well. I seem to go through phases though where I sleep good and then not so good. DD was also sick the last week or two and was waking up a lot and extra early.

May 7th, 2013, 07:32 PM
bklynfinest77's Avatar Super Mommy
sleep whats that I wish I was able to sleep ..between heartburn, peeing, hip hurting, nose being dry, feel dehydrated and just being uncomfortable .. I may get about 4 hrs a sleep a night .

May 7th, 2013, 08:23 PM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So far sleep is still going pretty well. I do still sleep on my back 90% of the time. I try other positions and as soon as I fall asleep I'm back on my back. My midwife told me not to worry about it though and just do my best to adjust when I can during the night.
May 7th, 2013, 08:29 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
It has gone pretty well. I've had this life long problem of not being able to go back to sleep once I'm awake, but with third trimester I can usually lay back down after about an hour. I do have to get up and go to the bathroom around 8 or 9 in the morning, though, and I keep a water bottle by the bed now.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
May 7th, 2013, 08:31 PM
jkgreen's Avatar Awaiting Our First Bundle
I sleep through the night for the most part. Or, I'm just getting really good running on low.. But I'm with you on the dry mouth and guzzling water.. I just really can't get comfortable. Oh and I have some leg cramping, but I flex my foot right away so that's not too bad.

May 7th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodoosmom View Post
Are you getting a good night's sleep or up all night peeing & trying to get comfy?

I've slept really well most of this pregnancy, I had a week or so of pregnancy insomnia & some heartburn at times, but mostly I've slept really well compared to my other pregnancies.

This week I've noticed I can no longer go through the night without getting up to pee & I'm not sleeping quite as well. I also noticed I've had really bad dry mouth at night so I wake up & guzzle water which doesn't help the getting up to pee thing, lol..overall it definitely could be worse..no major complaints with sleep yet!
ive not slept through the night since November....
May 7th, 2013, 09:41 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
sleep for me is a mess. I wake cus of my back problems, going to the bathroom, periods of insomnia. Its crazy. But heck its been years and years and years since I really ever slept through the night.

oooh and I am always having a stuffy nose at night...pregnancy related not allergies....irrating

May 7th, 2013, 10:10 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
I think my pregnancy pillow is the reason I've been able to sleep so well. I got it in Feb. & haven't had much pain during the night. With my other pregnancies I had so much pain in my hips I would sleep miserably plus I had terrible heart burn & this time I take zantac a couple hours before bed so heartburn isn't too bad at night.

As soon as I hit the third trimester I started needing to get up 2-3 times to pee, so that's no fun but not terrible. The feeling SO dehydrated is frustrating but oh well, could be worse!
May 8th, 2013, 05:25 AM
TerriLF's Avatar Super Mommy
I wake up to go to the bathroom at least twice and our daughter wakes up and comes and gets me to sit in her room while she falls back asleep, which sometimes takes 30-45 minutes. I feel like I toss and turn all night trying to get comfortable too. I know the sleep situation isn't going to get any better after the baby gets here so..I guess I'm just getting prepared for that.
May 8th, 2013, 05:38 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
ugh I'm usually SUCH a good, deep sleeper and I haven't been sleeping well at all lately. I wake up at odd times (today was 4am) and can't fall back asleep. It also doesn't help that DH is away for work this week and I don't sleep as well when he's not here since I guess I feel I must be more alert.

May 8th, 2013, 05:42 AM
sweetie77's Avatar Mommy to 3+1
Bathroom trips, hip pain ,heartburn
May 8th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Veteran
Eeh... okay, not great.

Pre-pregnancy I was a champion sleeper and would almost never wake up. Now I'm up every night now to go to the bathroom at least once and I've been getting occasional leg cramps. I've also been having a bunch of upper back pain from sleeping, though adjusting pillow heights and wedging a towel under my belly has helped. The main problem is that once I'm up I'll be awake for an hour or two. So it's not great, but it's not really bad.
May 8th, 2013, 08:17 AM
HappilyTogether's Avatar Cautiously Expecting
I have a terrible time with sleep, it's the nausea, vomiting, bad heartburn, peeing every 2-3 hours, hip pain, rib pain (right side), baby kicking my ribs (left side), cramps, and belly pain.
I have insomnia at the best of times, so it's much worse now.
May 8th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Twin Mama
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_mommy View Post
I wake up at least 3-4 times per night just to go to the bathroom. I wake up a lot to pain in my hips and my arm falling asleep. So, nope I am not sleeping well
This is me too... I'll say it again, these babies really must think sleep is for the weak.

May 8th, 2013, 10:20 AM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sleep...what's that?? I wake up so many times and have a horrible time getting comfortable.

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

May 8th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethsgirl View Post
Sleep...what's that?? I wake up so many times and have a horrible time getting comfortable.
That's me, too.

Hip pain. Back pain. Trouble breathing.

Pee.

Snoring husband.

Pee.

Toddlers invading my bed in the middle of the night.

Pee.

I get very little sleep.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search