Yay! I got my cord blood donor confirmation in the mail today

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kiam

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2013, 04:02 AM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
And a big pink sticker to stick to the front of my file.

mjbaby likes this.

May 14th, 2013, 06:49 AM
Super Mommy
Oh is that a public donation program? If so, I'm jealous. I don't think private banking is worth it, but I would have totally jumped on the chance for public donation. Unfortunately, the closest hospital to me that does that is three hours away. At least my doctor is for delayed cord clamping. I'd be highly upset if the cord blood went to waste both ways.

"Shake it up now, Sugaree. I'll meet you at the Jubilee. And if that Jubilee don't come. Maybe I'll meet you on the run."
May 14th, 2013, 07:28 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i'm going to ask my OB about this at my next appt. i think donating is a fabulous idea!!! i'm obviously a big science geek and already have my wishes known that my body will be donated to science when i pass. yay research!
May 14th, 2013, 12:03 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
Yay!

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
May 14th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so jealous! I was going to donate the baby's cord blood but my sister-in-law has had leukemia, which exempts us from doing it (since you can't donate if a close relative has had leukemia).

May 14th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So cool! I am totally jealous. I really, really want to do cord blood banking but I just don't think I can afford it. Also, I asked and apparently my hospital doesn't do cord blood donation for some reason. Weird. Anyways, congrats!
May 14th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep, it's public donation.

Only 3 hospitals have the facilities for it in my state, luckily my local is one of them.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search