Not sure if I like this new hospital

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 17th, 2013, 01:06 PM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not as if I have a choice (military facility.) So, today at my appt they didn't take a urine sample and I don't go back for another 4 weeks Not that it's a big deal normally, but there are a few things I need to discuss with an actual OB (which I had to request specially to have an appt with them instead of a nurse!) So yeah, guess I'm not going to be seen again until 35 weeks.
The other bummer part about today was when we went over past history to compile my records. The N.P. said "SAB" and I said what's that? Spontaneous abortion, I hate it when they refer to miscarriage as that.
I was also measuring 34 1/2 weeks today.

Oct '11 June '12
May 17th, 2013, 03:12 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
That's a bit lengthy between visits this late, isn't it? I guess I don't know how they do things on base. I think I'd be a little upset too. If you wanted to see the doctor you should have been able to.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
May 17th, 2013, 03:23 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
Wow that is crazy! My doc wouldn't even let me go 3wks between appts from my last one on. Is there anyway you can call and leave a message explaining that this late in the game you really shouldn't have to wait that long to be seen? I'm totally irked for you!

May 17th, 2013, 03:41 PM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I mentioned it to the N.P today and she said, "Next time you come back will be at 36 weeks." Blah, I could have screamed! Anytime I've been seen before it's been every other two weeks at this point. But the other places I've been seen at were private practices because the Navy hospital didn't handle maternity patients.
So, switching has been a curve ball. I also did get an appt with a Doc, but I had to ask for one. Like, come on, really?

Oct '11 June '12
May 17th, 2013, 03:46 PM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow that's crazy! Is it 4 weeks because it's a military place and they never have appts or is that their policy that even this far into a pregnancy they only do every 4 weeks? As for measuring ahead I've been measuring crazy far ahead (which doesn't really make sense to me since Olivia is laying sideways). I hope you can talk with the OB at least at your next appt.

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

May 17th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That gap is the norm for here if it helps any, 30wk then a 34wk.

The urine test is only to test for UTIs, if you report no symptoms they don't really have to do it.

I understand that 'spontaneous abortion' has a negative connotation to it, but it is the correct medical term, personally I would feel better with a medical facility that treated me as an intelligent enough creature to speak to me properly than to sugar-coat, but that is just me.

I know it is the most annoying thing anyone can say, but try to see the positives, especially if you don't get a choice.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search