ah ... flip flops

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By OnesOnTheWay
  • 1 Post By MeggysMommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 13th, 2013, 06:23 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i work in a lab, and the dress code is business casual with long pants and closed toed shoes. luckily, i'm on all desk work now. i cannot fit into my flats anymore!!! this morning i gave up and wore my basic old navy flip flops to work! i am so comfortable!!! i had a meeting with my boss today, and he laughed at me when i told him that i couldn't fit into my shoes anymore. he doesn't care so long as i stay out of the lab and adhere to all safety procedures.

anyone else abandoned real shoes for flip flops?
June 13th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Gini_3boys's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm a stay at home mom so I'm free to wear flip flops all day everyday thank goodness!

Devin - 06/29/2004 Riley - 03/01/2007 Kyler - 07/20/2010 Tanner - 07/30/2013
June 13th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Veteran
My feet never changed to be honest. I'm 35 weeks and 2 days and the only symptoms I have is the obvious larger belly and really bad heartburn. No swollen feet, no aches or pains, no constipation....nothing. I feel lucky because of that! So I can fit into my regular shoes with no problems which I am thankful for because I hate flip-flops. lol. I would just stick to my flats since bending over has become difficult to put my regular sneakers on.
June 13th, 2013, 07:35 AM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
Oh yeah. When I was teaching (our last day was last Friday) I work flip flops or sandals for the last few weeks. My feet were always SO super swollen by the end of the day. I've noticed they aren't as swollen now, but I'm not on my feet 24/7 and my house isn't 90 degrees like my classroom was.

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
June 13th, 2013, 08:27 AM
OnesOnTheWay's Avatar #2 Due July 19, 2013
I've worn flip flops the entire pregnancy. Not only because I live in a HOT climate but my feet can't fit into anything else. They were wide to begin with but now they are squares.
pearlica likes this.
June 13th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Twin Mama
i gave up shoes back in month 4!

June 13th, 2013, 08:46 AM
bklynfinest77's Avatar Super Mommy
I went from uggs straight to flip flops but I work from home so it didn't matter

June 13th, 2013, 09:02 AM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
Yep pretty much have lived in flip flops since January! I did wear tennis shoes yesterday because I knew we gonna be walking and it took me at least 5 mins to put on my shoes. I had DD and DH just staring at me the whole time.
apradams likes this.

June 13th, 2013, 09:03 AM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
Oh yea. Years ago! I am not a shoes person

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
June 13th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Easton's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have about three pairs of shoes that I rotate between and I don't even care when they don't match my outfit. I have a pair of slip on Sperrys that are amazing as well as my dad just bought me a pair of Under Armour slip on shoes that are the lightest pair of shoe I have ever owned they are like a stretchy breathable fabric on top and then all foam for the sole... they are amazing as well. I also own a pair of Under Armour flip flops that have that squishy stuff to cushion your foot... again ladies amazing.

Thank you Vicki for my AMAZING siggy!

June 13th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Super Mommy
I have a pair of Birkenstocks that were about a half-size too big before I got pregnant. They fit like a dream now. Unfortunately, if I wear them to work, by the time I get off in the afternoon, my feet swell up and poke through the straps and make my feet look like sausages.

"Shake it up now, Sugaree. I'll meet you at the Jubilee. And if that Jubilee don't come. Maybe I'll meet you on the run."
June 13th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I never wear anything but flip flops unless I absolutely have to. I'm a SAHM so I have that luxury.

June 13th, 2013, 11:44 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
Since we moved to Florida last summer and I started teleworking, I've pretty much worn nothing but flip flops. Although for taking dd to Disney a couple weeks ago I did wear sneakers and they still fit fine. So far I haven't really swelled.

June 13th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, I've been wearing flip flops since the first trimester. Thank goodness for living in southern California where it's totally acceptable. I wore my old flats to the grocery store yesterday and I have huge painful red apots on my feet today. So, flip flops it is.
June 13th, 2013, 01:37 PM
MamaLemonade's Avatar ~~Whitney~~
I have naturally wide feet that swell in any kind of enclosed shoe, so all of my shoes to begin with are 1/2 size to big lol but I can't wear them now so I've been in flip flops since march
Mommy to:C(5), M(4), T(1), awaiting #4
Married to my <3 since 8/09

June 13th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If I did my toes would freeze.

I have these really soft boots that are my only option when I leave the house.

June 13th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Veteran
I was lucky that when I worked outside of the home with my son that I was allowed to wear flip flops. I was SO swollen with that pregnancy anything else would have been out of the question.

Now I either wear flip flops or Toms

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search