i just can't do this anymore

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By captivate
  • 1 Post By .:fearless:.

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 14th, 2013, 05:30 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i've reached my breaking point. and i'm not quite 38 weeks. i am HUGE. my swelling is out of control. i slept for 8 hours last night (with pee breaks every 2, of course), and i still woke up with swollen feet and ankles. i gained 3.5 lbs this week alone, and i know it's all swelling. it hurts to walk and bend my feet. plus his movements HURT. i yelp in pain as he punches my cervix. i never felt this way with DS. oh, and i'm still working 40 hours/week. plus DH watches DS during the day, so i take over as soon as i walk in the door so he can work. luckily DS has been great. he's 4, so he understands when i need to lay down and will bring his toys to me to play. i admit i let him watch too much tv, but what can you do at this point??? my OB keeps telling me how healthy i am and that i have no restrictions. funny b/c i can barely walk at this point.

i know the end is miserable for almost every pregnant women. tell me i'm not alone. i feel bad feeling this way, but i.am.done.
June 14th, 2013, 05:43 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aw I'm sorry.. But at least you are almost there! And if you are lucky you're REALLY almost there. .. If it was me I'd still be counting on another 4 weeks.. Women are strong .. You CAN do this!

June 14th, 2013, 05:44 AM
Veteran
Trust me, you are not alone and you certainly are not the only one that feels this way. I'm only 35 weeks in and I'm at that point where I am totally done with being pregnant myself. I don't got any of the swelling but the Braxton Hicks and the random sharp groin pains are enough to have me topple over in pain at times. Apparently this is all normal and means my body is just getting ready for the birth. Yeah, wish that was a little sooner or that I was able to handle the pain a little better. I'm a wuss when it comes to pain. As for sleeping....what is sleep? lol. I find it hard because I'm so uncomfortable. People are always telling me it's "just practice for when the baby comes". Trust me, I don't need the additional practice, I need the sleep. Won't do any good if I go in to raising a newborn half asleep.

All in all, just hang in there! It's pretty much what's keeping me going at this point. For 5 more weeks of torture I get a lifetime of happiness ahead with a beautiful baby girl! That makes this slightly more tolerable. lol.

Here's hoping to your last few weeks being gentle on you!
June 14th, 2013, 07:04 AM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ugh I'm sorry you are feeling so rough I had another episode of contractions from 11-1:15 last night. These were even more painful and regular before they stopped. My feet dont swell but my hands are. Fingers crossed we are both near the end!!
June 14th, 2013, 08:29 AM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hugs! I'm not even 36 weeks and I feel that way (and I feel bad for feeling way that but I've been dealing with contractions for over 12 weeks now). The swelling for me is the same as you describe, always there! It hurts to sit so I have to sit on my birth ball but then my back hurts because of the way I have to sit. If I stand my feet hurt even more and if I lay down my hips hurt. I feel like I'm falling apart physically (even though I know I have another 5 weeks at the most) and emotionally! I have contraction episodes where I swear it's early labor only for them to become more spread out an hour or 2 later.

I hope your little one comes soon so you can have relief from the oh so not fun end of pregnancy problems.

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

June 14th, 2013, 08:42 AM
captivate's Avatar Sticky thoughts please...
Awww, I am sorry you are feeling this way. Being heavily pregnant, having a child and also working takes it toll on a womans body and mind. how do I know.. because I am also still working too many hours doing manual work, have a child who is 8 and needs more now attention wise than she ever has lol. Luckily my man is amazing when it comes to massage to help me overcome my swelling.

So you are honestly not alone.. I am touching 36 weeks and feeling the pain, I never felt this way with Serenity but she was tiny and I was not this big and I only got to 37+5.

We have to remember, we are growing a human being who are all arms and legs now and on average we gain 20-40lb so quickly that our body is in shock.

Don't feel bad and know that you only have at the very most 3.5 weeks left? xxxx
apradams likes this.

I have 2 miracles on earth and 5 angels in heaven

June 14th, 2013, 09:01 AM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
June 14th, 2013, 09:05 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
YOur not alone. I m really feeling the aches and pains too. I gained 10 in the last 4 half weeks!!! thats so NOT normal for me. I usually gain all my weight in begining and lose in the end.

June 14th, 2013, 09:29 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
it's nice to know that other people understand! this entire pregnancy has been so different than my last. i'm thankful not to have BP issues this time, but i have a slew of other complaints, lol! i know some people think babies will come when they're ready, but i love modern medicine and will push it if i make it to my EDD. my OB will schedule an induction so long as i am past my EDD. i had a fabulous induction with DS, so that is what i will choose if i'm still pregnant in 2.5 weeks!
June 14th, 2013, 09:52 AM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I keep singing that Michael Jackson song in my head "you are not alone....I am here with you...though were far away..." OK I forget the rest lol. But yeah, I am miserable too...but I keep on a truckin lol! We have the same EDD. I don't work outside of the home, but I do have a 13 month old and SEVEN other kids to care of on top of a house. Yeah. That. HA!
mommamuffin likes this.
June 14th, 2013, 09:58 AM
TerriLF's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm only 35 weeks and I am feeling the same way. DONE!!! I even recalculated my due date yesterday based on the 3-4 day window I know I conceived in and it moved my due date up a week from when the doc says it is. I did this to make myself feel better about wanting this baby out NOW!!!!

I'm still working 40+ hours a week and this place is on my LAST nerve. I am about to lose my cool on someone..anyone!
June 14th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Twin Mama
so not alone!!!! you are doing fantastic and have all the reason in the world to complain, pregnancy hurts. you will get through it, you are so close to the end. complain/vent all you want we are all here doing the same thing and have the same feelings. i know most of the time i read threads of one of us venting/complaining i nod my head while i read cuz i'm there with you, we all are. but man is the prize at the end worth it!!!

June 14th, 2013, 07:43 PM
mommamuffin's Avatar Super Mommy
Not alone! And don't feel bad about it either! It's hard to bake up another human being!

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q796/DLLovell/SquishyDDC_zps630852e9.gif[/IMG] [IMG]

[FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="Green"]Christina (me), Steve (SO), Isabelle & Leonardo.
June 15th, 2013, 05:24 AM
Super Mommy
I know what you mean. I have the same EDD as you and I am super fed up too! But my midwife just told me she's going to be out of town from the 19th to the 24th, and since I'd rather it be her there than her back-up midwife, I've decided that baby must wait until the 25th. LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search