"No, I don't want your advice..."

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jessifer

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 15th, 2013, 03:04 AM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
"...because it is the biggest load of sh*t I have ever heard"

Oh how I wish I had the guts to say this to some people.

No, I am not going to sleep baby on her stomach on a beanbag to encourage her to breastfeed, I am not even going to touch everything that is wrong with that idea.

But then this is the same woman who told me that there were powerful forces that prevented all mothers from doing anything that would harm their children... because no child in history has ever been harmed by their mother apparently.

June 15th, 2013, 04:15 AM
jkgreen's Avatar Awaiting Our First Bundle
Oh man!!! And these people reproduce!!!

June 15th, 2013, 05:33 AM
mommamuffin's Avatar Super Mommy
EVERYONE has advice and an opinion...and because we are pregos...we obviously want to hear them...from everyone!

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q796/DLLovell/SquishyDDC_zps630852e9.gif[/IMG] [IMG]

[FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="Green"]Christina (me), Steve (SO), Isabelle & Leonardo.
June 15th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Super Mommy
I have a coworker who every single day, comes to my desk and asks "How's baby?" Asking me every once in a while isn't too bad, but I honestly don't have daily updates on baby. He's in my belly, he moves around, I can't really see him or touch him but I guess he's fine. I mean, what am I going to say?
andrewbe7 likes this.
June 15th, 2013, 08:50 AM
#5 = the "Newbie"
Luckily since I have a lot of kids, and I am a pediatric nurse, I don't get too many people that know me offering up advice. Not that I know everything by any means because I don't, but it keeps all the advice givers at bay

Barbara 38
Bill 40
Lexi 17
Jeremy 12
Dylan 9
Nathan born April 23, 2012
June 15th, 2013, 09:10 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiam View Post
"...because it is the biggest load of sh*t I have ever heard"

Oh how I wish I had the guts to say this to some people.

No, I am not going to sleep baby on her stomach on a beanbag to encourage her to breastfeed, I am not even going to touch everything that is wrong with that idea.

But then this is the same woman who told me that there were powerful forces that prevented all mothers from doing anything that would harm their children... because no child in history has ever been harmed by their mother apparently.

Hey why so much negativity??? Sounds like sound advice to me!!! Its times and advice like this that I have my "listening ears on"!

NOT!!!!!! unbelieve...and I have never heard of the 'beanbag' theory..
June 15th, 2013, 09:25 AM
marriedtoamountie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
These people crack me up. I always ask them a million questions and pretend I'm really interested, and sometimes they realize I'm mocking them and that they are giving the worlds stupidest advice

June 15th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow. Lol I have yet to receive any crazy advice feom strangers. I am going to a wedding today though ao I bet I'm in for some gems. I would almost want to write things like that in the baby bookas 'worst advice from strangers.'
June 15th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't get baby advice because my parenting style is very different than all of my family's so they know I won't listen. I prefer getting non-subjective advice, like on how to sew or on money stuff. I find that if you listen to that sort of advice, people are less offended when you don't listen to the subjective stuff.

June 15th, 2013, 03:50 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
I don't even know what to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessifer View Post
I have a coworker who every single day, comes to my desk and asks "How's baby?" Asking me every once in a while isn't too bad, but I honestly don't have daily updates on baby. He's in my belly, he moves around, I can't really see him or touch him but I guess he's fine. I mean, what am I going to say?
I'm so there with you. That goes along with the, "Baby likes that," crap. Dude, its an unborn fetus. It doesn't *like* anything.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
June 15th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Twin Mama
i dont know, thing is that i notice the fetuses do get more active when i eat certain things, like apple juice and chocolate. maybe that's where the baby 'likes that' comes from?

strangers done really give me advice, my MIL does... which is worse. i got a lecture today about not eating garlic hile BF because when she has my BIL he threw up every time she ate it so be careful what ou eat flavors the milk. took it with a grain of salt.

June 15th, 2013, 10:26 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My silly advice came from my next door neighbour. I just wanted to pass on the number of our property manager so we could get the fence fixed, but no, it turned into a "Here is everything you should do" session.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search