braxton hicks while driving

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GranolaMamaOf3

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 16th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Has anybody else had braxton hicks triggered by long drives? I have been havung bh for several months now, but nothing too worrisome. Yesterday, I drove to a wedding, which wad about a 3 hour drive. About halfway through, I started noticing that I was ggetting bh about every 15 minutes. They started to become more frequent, but only about every 10 minutes. Very regular by tbe clock though. I figured they were just due to stress or something bc I was running a bit late, so I didn't worry about it. At the wedding, the bh contractions eased up. I still had a few strong ones, but nothing regular.

Then, on my drive home, they started up again! This time, they were much more intense though. I also seemed to be getting a strong pain in my lower right abdomen that radiated to my back and seemed to trigger more bh. I'm thinking maybe bad round ligament pain or baby position made worse by driving? Anyways, the bh started about every 10 minutes, and after a while were about 5 minutes apart, sometimes more frequent or right on top of each other. They were really strong and painful too! Most of my bh are painless orjust a bit un omfortable, but this time, I was fighting back tears the whole drive. I considered the idea it was real labor but thought if it was, I would deal with it when I got home. I was in the middle of nowhere so stopping was not a viable option.

Luckily, when I got home, the bh eased up and I was able to sleep. Today, the bh are back to their normal frequency but my whole body is sooo sore, like I did a full body workout. My abs in particular are sore.

It is just so weird! I didn't realize driving could trigger bh like that, but I think I will be avoiding long drives like that from now on. It is too early for baby to come, so I am glad the bh stopped. Just thought I'd share my miserable pregnancy moment. Lol I have been feeling great for the most part, so I guess I was due for some discomfort!

Thanks for letting me whine!
June 16th, 2013, 03:16 PM
OnesOnTheWay's Avatar #2 Due July 19, 2013
Yes.. driving is the #1 trigger for braxton hicks for me. Infact, just yesterday we had some errands to do and for some reason DH never offers to drive. Another post on that one.. but I nearly had to pull over because of how intense the contractions got. THEY HURT and are very uncomfortable.
I am making DH can drive from now on!
June 16th, 2013, 04:15 PM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yup, I have an hour-long commute each way to work and back. On the way there its not too bad but a lot of the time I have BH on the way home coming every 5 mins. As soon as I get out of the car they stop.
June 16th, 2013, 05:02 PM
mommamuffin's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlica View Post
yup, I have an hour-long commute each way to work and back. On the way there its not too bad but a lot of the time I have BH on the way home coming every 5 mins. As soon as I get out of the car they stop.
Same here, and still working. I've noticed the BH getting worse while driving for a long time now...I won't get any for a couple days, then as soon as I start driving around again, BOOM - braxton hicks!

I guess it's something about our positioning and the muscles we're using to drive?

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q796/DLLovell/SquishyDDC_zps630852e9.gif[/IMG] [IMG]

[FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="Green"]Christina (me), Steve (SO), Isabelle & Leonardo.
June 17th, 2013, 10:50 AM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
Yes! I hate driving these days. I assume it's just her position, but I get BH every time!

Oh and that makes me feel like I need to pee!
mommamuffin likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search