If you went into labor TONIGHT...

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 16th, 2013, 07:14 PM
OnesOnTheWay's Avatar #2 Due July 19, 2013
are you prepared!?!?
June 16th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Veteran
Eh, sort of. There's nothing that needs done that hubby couldn't do while I was in hospital, like installing car seat and blowing up air bed for me to sleep downstairs. I wouldn't feel panicked about needing to get things done.
June 16th, 2013, 08:03 PM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I dont have my bag packed, but today I bought the few things I still needed for it...so I could probably throw everything together and not be too frantic
June 16th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Super Mommy
Today, I went shopping for a couple of nursing bras and tops and a new pyjama. That was basically the very last thing on my "to-do" list. Baby's hospital bag is ready, mine is mostly packed. All that's left are some last-minute toileteries and I'm all set. I would like to have time to prepare pre-made meals but I suppose it's not a "must" - I can definitely deal with it if baby decides he's ready tonight.
June 16th, 2013, 08:31 PM
lalap's Avatar Super Mommy
No. Big no.
offthewallfilms likes this.
June 16th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes!!

June 16th, 2013, 08:50 PM
LittleMomma09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope. I still need to pack our bags. I think I might work on that some tonight. I have a few last minute things that I need to wash.

June 16th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Easton's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope, I still need to pack my bag and get a couple of things for the hospital stay.

Thank you Vicki for my AMAZING siggy!

June 16th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Super Mommy
Almost. The last things I need to pack are in the washer.

We still need a breast pump, rocking chair, baby carrier, extra car seat base & diaper pail, but none of those are necessary.

I'm not mentally prepared though. I need to formally write my birth plan- it's just an unorganized list on scrap paper right now. Everyone wants baby to come ASAP, except me. I need these last couple of weeks with DH and for myself.
apradams likes this.
June 16th, 2013, 09:12 PM
Cicada's Avatar Regular
No. Friday I decided to switch providers as I no longer trust my midwives, and am now preparing for what will hopefully be a home breech birth. If I went into birth tonight, I'd probably end up with a csection as my baby is currently breech and I haven't lined up a new midwife yet.

The nursery and crib are mostly set up though, if that's what you meant! I haven't packed my hospital bag though, or put in the carseat.
June 16th, 2013, 09:31 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
I think I would be. Now talk to me again if it actually happens.
apradams likes this.

June 16th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Pretty much.

June 16th, 2013, 09:57 PM
mommamuffin's Avatar Super Mommy
No! But at least I finally got all the furniture and stuff in the kids room today....and a bunch of the baby clothes FINALLY put away. But no bags are packed, the car seat is still in the box in th crib, the cosleeper is still in the attic and I haven't ordered everything we still have to get (I.e. basinet sheets, changing pad and changing pad cover)...plus I'm still working full time!

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q796/DLLovell/SquishyDDC_zps630852e9.gif[/IMG] [IMG]

[FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="Green"]Christina (me), Steve (SO), Isabelle & Leonardo.
June 16th, 2013, 10:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
No! Baby cannot come yet! Well, if he did, I would make it work, but it would be far from ideal. First of all, I won't even be 34 weeks until Tuesday, so I would be worried about his health if he came now. Second, dh is still out of the country so he would miss the birth and that would make me sad. Also, my on call labor babysitter won't be available until next week so I would have to use a backup. My prenatal pediatrician appointment isn't until next week. My house is a mess so I would need to clean before calling a babysitter. My bag isn't packed, the carseat isn't installed, and I need to buy diapers. If he came, we would be fine since I have multiple contingency plans, but I really hope he waits until Ihit at least 36 weeks. Also, I have a big shoot set for early jJuly that I would miss out on if I was no longer pregnant.
June 17th, 2013, 05:50 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
nope! aside from not having bags packed, meals cooked, clothing washed, baby stuff set up, etc... we still need to move. But the more important part is if I went into labor suddenly, we'd need someone to take DD, and DH's aunt will, but we need to tell her where the extra car seat is, how to install it, etc.

June 17th, 2013, 06:06 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
no, but at this point i realize we're not going to be ready, regardless of when i go into labor. we've done enough that i would feel ok about having the baby any day now. DH would need to find the carseat, clean it, and install while i'm in the hospital. and baby would have to sleep in the rock n play (which i assembled this weekend) until DS was moved into his big boy room (almost there). but i do have my bag packed and am mentally and physically DONE with being pregnant. so bring it on!
June 17th, 2013, 06:40 AM
HappilyTogether's Avatar Super Mommy
I am nowhere even near ready. DH did set up the crib that my sister gave us, but we haven't bought anything yet. Money is extremely tight right now as DH hasn't worked since October due to my being so sick. I nearly pass out everytime I stand up from the low blood pressure. I am still on bed rest. I hope it ends soon, but I doubt my blood pressure will go up and I am still dealing with Hyperemesis Gravidarum. We will not be ready no matter when baby decides to come.
June 17th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Veteran
We could manage if she came now. The only thing I would be panicked about is who will watch DD. Though I'd rather she waited until July . There's still some stuff I want to accomplish like make freezer meals, get the house cleaned up better, and pack my own bag. But its not that essential.
June 17th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Not really.

No hospital bag packed, no name officially picked out yet
The room was finally cleared and there is a crib set up but its not 'decorated' per se.
The bassinet still has to be set up & moved into my room but none of these things make me nervous because I figure it can be done while I'm in the hospital.
I haven't gone through the 'clothes' and picked out NB sizes yet or coming home outfit.
Mostly I'm worried about 2 big things:
#1) I'm still working full time until next Friday and I haven't packed up any of my things yet.
#2) My daughter is having her big 5th Birthday Party this weekend and I want to be there for her since I'm planning it. I intentionally put it early so I could be there (Im due July 5--her birthday is July 9) but I'll be 38 weeks so anything can happen! LOL

That being said, if baby decided to show tonight--DH and I would make it work. If I was a FTM, I would be more panicked. The baby will be fine. She just needs me (for milk) and some onesies and she'll have all she needs

June 17th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yep, we're ready. I don't have my bags packed but a lot of the stuff I'm bringing is stuff I use every day. If I went into labor, I'd just grab that stuff, throw it in a bag, and go. Mentally, I keep thinking that it is FOREVER until July 1st and even a week from now seems like too long of a wait. I'm not miserable, but I'm just incredibly excited for him to be here. I'm just striving for patience right now lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search