Belly wraps

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 16th, 2013, 10:05 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anyone used one in the past or thinking of using one?

I'm tossing up, pre-pregnancy I tight-laced, and will re-shape that afterwards, and I am curious as to whether they actually do anything, whether they will give me a little head start, are just more comfortable than nothing (because hey, we all like comfortable) or if they are a waste of money and I should just wait a few more months and go straight back to regular corsets 6 months down the track.

June 17th, 2013, 07:20 AM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
I've never tried one. They seem to be a craze lately with almost everyone and their grandma swearing that they work. I've also heard they aren't healthy for long term use. Something about nerve endings? I have never investigated either sides opinions.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
June 17th, 2013, 10:42 AM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
I'm planning on belly binding while healing postpartum. It's a practice that has been used (and is still being used) by many cultures all over the world. It's just starting to resurface in the US/UK though. It's supposed to help with pp bleeding and helps pull your abdominal muscles back together to avoid diastasis recti, etc.. Bengkung: Malaysian Postpartum Girdle - Venusian*Glow

ETA: I have never done it before, so I can't speak from personal experience, but I do have friends who have done it and found it really comforting and very helpful as they healed.

June 17th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Twin Mama
I was looking into it but i heard a large or couple large ace bandages work just fine. Not sure yet but I know my abdominal muscles are SHOT.

June 17th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm not sure I'll be doing anything with my belly since it went back to normal on its own pretty quickly last time. I do plan on doing it to my hips though. There is a short window after birth where you can actually shrink the size of your hips permanently due to rhe hormones left in your system and I want to take advantage of that since I have naturally wider hips that expand substantially while pregnant. The particular wrap I want is spendy though!
June 17th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
^^^ I'm quite bummed out that my hips didn't get that much bigger, haha. Lets swap hips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaCakes View Post
I've also heard they aren't healthy for long term use. Something about nerve endings? I have never investigated either sides opinions.
The way I figure, if a fully-boned corset for almost 7 years didn't screw with my nerve endings, then a belly band won't do jack.

June 17th, 2013, 07:08 PM
jkgreen's Avatar Awaiting Our First Bundle
My neighbor had 2 c- sections. One she healed without and the next was with binding, she swears on the difference. I'm borrowing hers... I'll try it.. Couldn't hurt!

June 17th, 2013, 09:45 PM
Veteran
I am doing this but the main reason is to speed up healing with my c-sec
June 17th, 2013, 11:48 PM
getnthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is fascinating. I asked a friend and she told me its like a belly band. But that is so stretchy not gonna bind my guts in. I do hate the feeling of zero muscle control. I wonder how digestion is affected and circulation for swelling in extremities. I have to ask more. I would be interested in buying one. I am not sure I understand the whole thing. Thanks for asking though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search