My cat is so annoying while I am pregnant!

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Gini_3boys
  • 1 Post By Easton's Mommy
  • 2 Post By Kiam
  • 1 Post By LadyGamer

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2013, 05:51 PM
OnesOnTheWay's Avatar #2 Due July 19, 2013
It's not the cat, it's me. My cat is the same. She's probably the sweetest cat you'd ever meet.. a complete air head.. but very sweet. She's always eaten her food way too fast and puked 2 minutes later. I've been cleaning up her puke for 7 years with out complaint.
She's always laid on freshly washed bath towels. She's always snuck into drawer of freshly washed underwear... leaving me to re-washing everything with out complaint.

But seriously.. whenever I am pregnant.. I get so fed up with her! I know it's just because of hormones. I can't tell you how many times this pregnancy I've been dead tired and arrived at my bed to find a big pile of puke on the sheets, soaked through to the mattress.
Or the other day I dried myself with a towel not only did she lay on (cat hair stuck to me) but she also decided to pee on.. (which she never does). And I was running late and had to re-shower because I smelled like pee and had cat hair stuck all over me.

Or when I finally get to sleep after tossing and turning for hours and she decides to meow like a maniac.. jumps on the bed to wake me up.

I think all this stuff is annoying, pregnant or not, but I definitely have a better tolerance for it NOT pregnant.

Please tell me I am not the only one super annoyed by their cat!!! I remember feeling the same way when I was pregnant with my DD.
June 23rd, 2013, 05:57 PM
Gini_3boys's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh my cat is banned to the back room and basement right now. He has been driving me nuts lately. He is the sweetest cat but annoying me right now.
OnesOnTheWay likes this.

Devin - 06/29/2004 Riley - 03/01/2007 Kyler - 07/20/2010 Tanner - 07/30/2013
June 23rd, 2013, 06:04 PM
Easton's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a wiener dog that we rescued from an abusive situation so he is very needy and usually only wants me. uggggggggg.... he is driving me crazy he thinks that whenever I sit down and put my feet up that he needs to come and cozy up to me which usually means laying on my belly with his snout super close to my face or ears. He also like to sleep right up by my head on my pillow. good thing he is adorable!!!
OnesOnTheWay likes this.

Thank you Vicki for my AMAZING siggy!

June 23rd, 2013, 07:01 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You need to get one of those bowls that make them eat slower. My Mum bought one for her dog and it's fantastic, no more vomited-up half-chewed food everywhere.

Like this:
Cat bowls: Dishes: Slow-Feed Bowl for Cats

It forces them to slowly work their way around the bowl, instead of just stuffing their face in the middle.
OnesOnTheWay and mommamuffin like this.

June 23rd, 2013, 09:11 PM
OnesOnTheWay's Avatar #2 Due July 19, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiam View Post
You need to get one of those bowls that make them eat slower. My Mum bought one for her dog and it's fantastic, no more vomited-up half-chewed food everywhere.

Like this:
Cat bowls: Dishes: Slow-Feed Bowl for Cats

It forces them to slowly work their way around the bowl, instead of just stuffing their face in the middle.
I have never seen those before! Ok.. yep.. ordering ASAP!!! I hope it works!!

Thank you!
June 23rd, 2013, 09:16 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
My cat is super clingy and always has been. Now it is bothering me more. Also, she thinks the nursery is her room, so she's in for a rude awakening.
OnesOnTheWay likes this.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

June 24th, 2013, 04:31 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i have a puker as well. but i make DH clean it up. i can't bend down to the floor! otherwise, my cat is mostly ok. he is independent, so he leaves me alone.
June 24th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Super Mommy
My cat has been super clingy lately. I think he knows something is going on.

My husband and I had to reorganize our bedroom to fit the crib and as a result, had to switch sides of the bed so that I can be on the side closest to the crib. The cat used to always sleep on my side (the right) and for the first couple of weeks he continued to do it despite the fact that it's now my husband sleeping there. But in the last week or so, he insists on being on my side again. He also likes to have his belly scratched but I'm too exhausted, so he just lies there mewing at me like "Oh come on! Just do it!"
June 24th, 2013, 09:18 AM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
My cat has been clingy too!! Especially at night...all I want to do is attempt to sleep and he is walking on me, sitting too close to my face, trying to play tag with my toes when I move....ugh.

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
June 24th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so done with cats. My husband and I have been for a long time though. Cats make horrid pets!
June 24th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cats are one of the lowest maintenance pets out there, lol what are yours doing jersey_grey?

June 24th, 2013, 05:43 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
For the most part, they aren't getting on my nerves more than usual. The big one has always been a big, whiny baby. We've actually been letting them sleep in the bedroom at night for a change with no problems. They used to drive us crazy when we were trying to sleep. My tolerance with animals is always higher than with people, though, so that is probably why.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
June 25th, 2013, 05:14 AM
mommamuffin's Avatar Super Mommy
It's not just the cats (we have four)...it's the dog, too. He just wants some love and affection, I know, but I cannot stand it! I just want all the animals to leave me alone!

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q796/DLLovell/SquishyDDC_zps630852e9.gif[/IMG] [IMG]

[FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="Green"]Christina (me), Steve (SO), Isabelle & Leonardo.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search