Random check-ins

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2013, 06:08 PM
Regular
Ok maybe this is just me, but now that I'm within a week of my due date I'm getting nonstop texts from "friends" whom I never hear from normally. I know people are just excited to hear about the baby, but they seriously act like they're your best friend and it's totally normal for them to be contacting you out of the blue. Is this happening to anyone else and does it annoy anyone else like it does me? I'm sure it's going to get even worse after I pass my due date.
July 2nd, 2013, 06:36 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Fortunately it's only been actual friends and family for me.

July 2nd, 2013, 11:29 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
That would probably bugggg me. I'm still 3 weeks away, so I probably won't get it yet, but I've stressed pretty heavily that we'll let people know when she's here, so don't bug me

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

July 3rd, 2013, 12:58 AM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
Quite the opposite. Only the people who have actually cared the entire time have checked in. I would probably be annoyed, too. I'm not a big fan of the people who suddenly want to be in your business because you're pregnant.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
July 3rd, 2013, 05:40 AM
Veteran
I haven't had this happen, fortunately.

I have noticed that people I run into in person and some strangers really, really want to talk to me about pregnancy and babies. There is no other conversation.
July 3rd, 2013, 07:43 AM
getnthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So weird! Im having the same response. I dont even know the people its friends of friends or my co workers who I dont REALLY know. Then others like my neighboors just asked for the first time if I was expecting? I was like holy cow yeah! In the next few weeks!!! I dont get it. At work everyone was like your gonna go any minute and here they are shocked Im 38 weeks!

July 3rd, 2013, 08:37 AM
HappilyTogether's Avatar Super Mommy
I haven't had anyone check in. No family or friends. Actually finding it rather depressing, like no one cares that we are going to have this baby.
July 3rd, 2013, 12:57 PM
Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by getnthere View Post
So weird! Im having the same response. I dont even know the people its friends of friends or my co workers who I dont REALLY know. Then others like my neighboors just asked for the first time if I was expecting? I was like holy cow yeah! In the next few weeks!!! I dont get it. At work everyone was like your gonna go any minute and here they are shocked Im 38 weeks!
Haha I know the feeling!! I have so many former co-workers checking in on me. Oh goodie, I just got another text as I'm sitting here typing this. Maybe I should not let it bother me so much because I know people are just excited, but it's hard not to be annoyed when I'm already anxious enough for this pregnancy to be over already.
July 3rd, 2013, 01:41 PM
Twin Mama
everyone including me is shocked im still pregnant... nobody odd has been checking in except mom & dad, MIL & FIL, and friends from work. EXCEPT today i posted on FB that i had a crappy nights sleep and a friend i hadn't talked to in forever asked if I had the twins yet, trust me you would know if i did.

i am keeping my induction date secret from FB because i dont want random well wishers to show up at the hospital.

July 3rd, 2013, 06:55 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
I hate when ppl only want to be your friend when you're pregnant or some other life event is happening! Ugh, annoying!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
July 3rd, 2013, 09:56 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Im not having this problem thankfully , everyone has been polite and dont ask to many questions.
July 3rd, 2013, 10:26 PM
Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea131 View Post
I hate when ppl only want to be your friend when you're pregnant or some other life event is happening! Ugh, annoying!
That's exactly what it is! DH doesn't understand why it bothers me, but I know I wouldn't hear from any of these people if I weren't about to have a baby. Totally annoying.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search