What brand nursing bra did you buy?

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By -erin-

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 3rd, 2013, 04:20 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Just wondering what brand you found the best?
July 3rd, 2013, 04:41 PM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
I just bought a couple bravado ones today (on sale on targets website) since I've heard so many good things about them. Haven't gotten to try yet though

July 3rd, 2013, 05:32 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Cool...see I ve always avoided buying them online just cus if it doesnt fit then I feel bad throwing it away. I have hard to buy for breasts just cus of so many pregnancies and nursing I think warped them..
July 3rd, 2013, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmiraX2 View Post
Cool...see I ve always avoided buying them online just cus if it doesnt fit then I feel bad throwing it away. I have hard to buy for breasts just cus of so many pregnancies and nursing I think warped them..
The good thing about buying from target online is I can return to the store

July 3rd, 2013, 06:07 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
^^^ ooh wow...thats cool then...I would consider it in that case then, be sure to let us know how you like it. Thanks for the tip
July 3rd, 2013, 06:26 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
I haven't bought any bras for nursing yet just a couple nursing tanks from motherhood maternity.

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
July 3rd, 2013, 06:37 PM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been wearing some from target. They are wireless and super comfy. Only $16 too! Figured when I went up in size for pregnancy I may as well just buy nursing bras to wear afterward as well!
July 3rd, 2013, 07:41 PM
Super Mommy
I kept my bravado bras from last time. I was satisfied with those.

I also kept my glamour mom nursing tanks, but I would consider shopping around for tanks before buying the same ones again. They were ok but maybe not the greatest for my proportions.
July 3rd, 2013, 08:11 PM
mommamuffin's Avatar Super Mommy
I have some from target and some from Kohls and I'm happy with them

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q796/DLLovell/SquishyDDC_zps630852e9.gif[/IMG] [IMG]

[FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="Green"]Christina (me), Steve (SO), Isabelle & Leonardo.
July 3rd, 2013, 10:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think I will just use regular bras. I bought maternity bras last time but didn't really like them.
July 4th, 2013, 08:41 AM
OnesOnTheWay's Avatar #2 Due July 19, 2013
I've only been able to find my size at Walmart...the nursing bra's they sell fit me great.. (38DD).
Target never has my size!
July 4th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Twin Mama
none... i ordered a couple and they didn't fit so im just going to use a 1 size up wireless vanity fair bra and see how that goes.

i bought the bras through amazon and returns are easy.

July 4th, 2013, 02:54 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Thats half my problem also is having an underwire and being DD. I dont mean to keep bugging about this but just wondering about the return because it seems from the replies here that returns are accepted but will they even after you have tried it on?
July 4th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Super Mommy
I bought mine from Thyme and Motherhood Maternity, which are basically the two main stores in Canada that sell maternity wear exclusively. I don't think those stores exist in the U.S. though.
July 4th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Veteran
I also got mine at Thyme and have been wearing them now. I bought a couple that have an underwire and one without. They fit well now so I'm probably going to have some issues once my milk comes in but they seem to have good stretch ..... So hopefully it wont be too bad. I would've preferred to have a size up for right at first though but they didn't go any bigger than DDD.

So far I really like them they're really comfortable I couldn't find my size last time and ended up going with out and always really wished I had one. The snaps seem really easy to do one handed and I think they look really nice too.
July 4th, 2013, 07:22 PM
I've never had a problem returning bras after trying them on. Most places will let you return just about anything. Though I've never tried, and don't plan to, with underwear.
AmiraX4 likes this.

July 6th, 2013, 09:40 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
Haven't gotten one yet, but appreciate this thread. Now I know where to start at least.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
July 7th, 2013, 01:05 AM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessifer View Post
I bought mine from Thyme and Motherhood Maternity, which are basically the two main stores in Canada that sell maternity wear exclusively. I don't think those stores exist in the U.S. though.
Both are in the States, actually... and I am still really grumbly at Canada for not being able to find any maternity stuff outside those two stores. Even Sears and the Bay don't have maternity sections!!! WTH.

As for this question, I haven't gotten any yet. 1. I don't know where to look to get my size and 2. I don't know what size I'll need when my milk comes in.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

July 7th, 2013, 03:28 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGamer View Post
Both are in the States, actually... and I am still really grumbly at Canada for not being able to find any maternity stuff outside those two stores. Even Sears and the Bay don't have maternity sections!!! WTH.

As for this question, I haven't gotten any yet. 1. I don't know where to look to get my size and 2. I don't know what size I'll need when my milk comes in.
Sears has a maternity section but not all of them do. I checked the one at Yorkdale and didn`t see anything at all, but the Eaton Centre does. I`ve not checked it out though, neither did I check the Bay over there, which is lazy of me given that I actually work right downtown.

I had a friend who bought a bunch of maternity clothes at Forever 21 a year and a half ago, but when I went there they said they weren`t selling them anymore.

Most of my casual clothes I got at Old Navy. My work outfits had to be dressier so I got those at Thyme and Motherhood Maternity. But like you said, there`s not too many options here. I`m not particularly fond of the two overpriced nursing tops I purchased - it`s not clothes or colours that I`d normally wear but I guess they will have to do. They did have a very good selection of bras though. The people at Thyme (at Yorkdale) are always very helpful and will provide you with tips on what size to go with. The service at Motherhood Maternity (Yorkdale) was rather poor.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search