Confessions of the still preggo mommy

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By -erin-
  • 2 Post By ReidsMommyPlus1

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 4th, 2013, 09:29 AM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
Fess up time ladies!

July 4th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Twin Mama
the closer i get to birth the more terrified i am of it. of everything, labor & delivery, how i will feel PP, my ability to care for 2 newborns, did we rush this, should we have waited until we were older. im also scared that i will be giving up our life of 2 +dog & cat, i'm scared i will be unhappy with the huge life changes in our very near future.

July 4th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellabri287 View Post
the closer i get to birth the more terrified i am of it. of everything, labor & delivery, how i will feel PP, my ability to care for 2 newborns, did we rush this, should we have waited until we were older. im also scared that i will be giving up our life of 2 +dog & cat, i'm scared i will be unhappy with the huge life changes in our very near future.
Ditto!

(except only 1 newborn to come) I've gotten into a nice routine with my family and am worried about changing the dynamic again.
July 4th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellabri287 View Post
That's totally legitimate. As a FTM, I'm terrified of the idea that I will have ONE baby to care for, let alone TWO.
July 4th, 2013, 11:33 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
I had half a glass of wine a couple nights ago, and I'll probably do it again tonight also I've been going in the hot tub at our new house, although I don't think it's as much of a concern at this point in pregnancy? And dh doesn't set the temp too high. I've also been super lazy about getting the house clean (and unpacked) and I've been a crappy hostess hostesses our friends staying with us this week and my sister who was here earlier in the week visiting.
MeggysMommy likes this.

July 4th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Easton's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
In my third trimester... I have had sushi a couple of times. Twice in one week even. I might even have a glass of wine tonight and I HATE being pregnant. I wish babies really came by storks. I am super worried how my stomach is going to bounce back. The only reason I am sad that I won't be pregnant anymore is that DH is amazing and takes such good care of me.

Thank you Vicki for my AMAZING siggy!

July 4th, 2013, 01:23 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
I made a cake and plan on icing it today, and eating some

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
July 4th, 2013, 01:51 PM
HappilyTogether's Avatar Cautiously Expecting
I'm so scared. I just want baby to stay in there. I don't want to deal with baby requiring surgeries and being taken away from us for who knows how many weeks (or months!). I cry a lot every time I remotely think about it. I don't want to miss out on the first weeks of baby's life. It will be so hard not seeing him, but it is impossible for us to afford to even go visit, let alone stay there (not 100% sure where there will be yet - either 5 hour drive away or 3 full days drive). I want to be selfish and keep my baby in me forever, no matter how sick and miserable I am feeling, but that too is impossible. I feel so torn and broken.
July 4th, 2013, 02:44 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
^^ hugs HappilyTogether!!!! I would be torn also. praying for the best for you and your family.

I eat sushi with all my pregnancies!! raw salmon is yummmmmmo. Plus I eat my steak med rare!
July 4th, 2013, 02:51 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
I will admit, I'm not terrified of birth at all. It is painful and it will happen and then baby will be here. It just doesn't scare me.

I am terrified of having a newborn. I don't know if I can handle it. I am afraid I won't love her when she's laying there and not in my tummy. I'm afraid that I'll be a terrible mother and I just won't be able to handle being a mother at all.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

July 4th, 2013, 03:14 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
I'm terrified of PPD again and how I will handle a newborn and a toddler. I'm also afraid of never being able to leave the house again because I won't be able to do it w/o help.

July 5th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Super Mommy
I am keeping my 2 yo cooped up and bored this morning b/c I don't feel well. It's an absolutely beautiful day and I feel bad about keeping him in, but I don't want to be in the sun or chasing him around. Hope this is over soon!

And I certainly share some of the fears mentioned by others - what if the birth goes badly, what if I don't cope well with my 2 yo and baby, when will we ever get out of the house?
July 5th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Veteran
I had a large Coke from McDonalds this afternoon and a grande soy chai from Starbucks this morning. Loads of caffeine.

I had half of a beer last night.

I eat deli meat all the time. Cold.

The carseat isn't installed.

My house is a wreck (but that's okay because I've hired house cleaners and they are coming next week...woo hoo! I am NOT bending down to scrub a toilet or pick things up off the floor)

I tried bribing my DH with a BJ if he came home from work early today so I didn't have to pick DS up from school (I wanted to take a nap instead)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGamer View Post
I will admit, I'm not terrified of birth at all. It is painful and it will happen and then baby will be here. It just doesn't scare me.

I am terrified of having a newborn. I don't know if I can handle it. I am afraid I won't love her when she's laying there and not in my tummy. I'm afraid that I'll be a terrible mother and I just won't be able to handle being a mother at all.
I was scared of that too. Totally, totally normal. With Reid I feared that I would feel like I had already done everything important in my life - graduated school, got a job, got married, had a baby...what else is there to do? What other big milestones? I haven't felt that way AT ALL since he was born, if anything, I am more excited about life and the things that I choose to focus on
OnesOnTheWay and Aramsamsam like this.
July 5th, 2013, 07:48 PM
mommamuffin's Avatar Super Mommy
Once in June, I had half a beer AND a glass of wine and excused it because they were both organic/whole wheat beer.

Sometimes I get coffee coolatas and/or mocha frappes and just don't tell Steve.

I am really pissed at my mother for telling me I should be nicer to other people while I'm laboring. I don't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReidsMommyPlus1 View Post

I eat deli meat all the time. Cold.

The carseat isn't installed.
I eat salami all the time.

My carseat is still sitting in the crib.

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q796/DLLovell/SquishyDDC_zps630852e9.gif[/IMG] [IMG]

[FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="Green"]Christina (me), Steve (SO), Isabelle & Leonardo.
July 5th, 2013, 08:36 PM
I'm trying not to think about it or I end up dwelling on it and crying my eyes out, but I'm so destroyed that BF still doesn't have a job. Fortunately our landlord has said he won't make us homeless - I imagine mostly because then he'd never get back rent - but our utility company is not nearly so nice. We have three days to figure out how to get $200 to keep our electric on. I don't know what we are going to do. I've been crying every day for weeks. I do not want to bring a baby into a life like this.

July 6th, 2013, 04:37 AM
HappilyTogether's Avatar Cautiously Expecting
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaCakes View Post
I'm trying not to think about it or I end up dwelling on it and crying my eyes out, but I'm so destroyed that BF still doesn't have a job. Fortunately our landlord has said he won't make us homeless - I imagine mostly because then he'd never get back rent - but our utility company is not nearly so nice. We have three days to figure out how to get $200 to keep our electric on. I don't know what we are going to do. I've been crying every day for weeks. I do not want to bring a baby into a life like this.
I can relate. We literally have only pennies left. DH hasn't worked since January, and even then it was very part time. all our credit cards are completely maxed out, and there are more bills every day. I'm scared, but DH seems to not care about the situation.

In other confessions: I did have deli meat a few times a few months ago. We have only a 2 seat truck - no where to put a car seat and no possible way of getting a different vehicle. Though if they do take baby away for weeks or longer, I will fight to get a job so we can servive. However if they by chance do not (hoping and praying baby is going to be okay!) then how will we get baby home? How will we get baby to appointments? I am freaking out more and more daily! I am scared that the prenatal depression will turn into postpardum depression. My mom had it really bad (suicidal).
July 6th, 2013, 07:23 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
I never stopped eatinglunchmeat and probably have had it a couple times a week all pregnancy. Car seat is in the garage and I still need to make sure it fits ok in dhs car. Hospital bag isn't packed. dd drives me crazy on a daily basis. This is a 4 day weekend and I should be cherishing the time I have with her alone, but yesterday I was thrilled dhs aunt took her for half the day. She will still be going to daycare full time when I'm on leave. She really needs the structure and dh works from home so she wouldn't leave him alone if she were here.

Oh and I'm so happy our friends left. It was nice seeing them, but I really don't love having houseguests. Now I get a one week break to finally work on getting the house together before mil and sil come.

July 6th, 2013, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappilyTogether View Post
I'm scared, but DH seems to not care about the situation.
BF is the same way. He doesn't try at all. He just sleeps all day and stays up all night on the xbox. Can't even manage to help around the house while he's doing nothing. Anytime I bring up him needing to do applications he throws a fit and we fight. He actually said, "Why don't you go get a job? You haven't worked in how long?" Uh hey dick, I've been on bed rest since the month after I lost my job! And I was still doing applications even then!

Last edited by NinjaCakes; July 6th, 2013 at 09:41 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search