feeding

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By MeggysMommy
  • 1 Post By Logiesmomma
  • 1 Post By pearlica
  • 3 Post By mommamuffin

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 7th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Veteran
Well last night was a tough one. Emmit was not satisfied no matter how much I nursed him. Ended up laying him in bed with me to nurse and then couldn't get up. Woke hubby up to help me and was in tears from the pain (hadn't taken pain meds in over 10 hours - they are for every 4 to 6 hours) He saw how bad I was and insisted taking Emmit and me getting some rest. I agreed. He had to feed (major cluster feeding happening now) and he gave him some ready made formula ---- I am glad he did that just feeling kinda yucky about not being able to keep up. I have PCOS so production for me is always a problem. Milk just started to come in and he is down about 12% from birth weight. He needed it and I needed it. Now we have the breast pump all ready and started pumping after feedings. I got about 1.5 ounces that way if this happens again he can give him my milk. I have amazing support just wish I were like a normal person who can provide what their baby needs. This recovery is much harder on my body and I know that. We go back to pediatrician tomorrow to recheck. Hopefully with my milk coming in things are getting better. I had to supplement with my boys when I went back to work at 3 months and 8 months but never at 4 days. Oh well I am trying to do my best and keep my spirits up. Just needed to vent to people who can relate. Hubby felt really bad and I told him it was ok and he made the right decision. He did - I just have a hard time giving up control. Thanks for those who made it through this.
April and baby Emmit
July 7th, 2013, 12:31 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
I'm sorry things are so tough right now. Lots of hugs to you mama!
apradams likes this.

July 7th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry your in such pain. I can completely relate. At 13 days PP I am still on my pain meds. My recovery is going much much slower this time. My baby is also not gaining. She weighed the same at 4 days and at 9 days. She'll be 2 weeks tomorrow and she's not even close to her birth weight. I finally caved and have her 2oz of formula yesterday. She needs the calories and it sounds like your guy does too. Don't beat yourself up for doing what is right for you and your baby.
apradams likes this.

July 7th, 2013, 01:43 PM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can relate! I'm 13 days post birth and surgery and just gave up the pain meds yesterday. Still taking ibuprofen. Baby girl was 5.7 at birth and I'm struggling to get her back there. She's 5.65 now. My midwives want her gaining an ounce a day because she is so small but it is just so hard. We feed so often but she is just little and tires easily and has a weak suck. If she hasnt gained enough by Monday my next midwives appt we will re-evaluate our plan. I am currently supplementing 1.5-2oz over 24 hrs but it is done through a lact-aid at the breast. I feed her every 2 hrs which takes about 40 mins so I feel like I live by the stopwatch and all I do is feed. Yesterday she fed every 1.5hrs on her own...hopefully we see a gain on Monday!!
apradams likes this.
July 7th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Veteran
So glad to hear I'm not in this boat alone --- I am not one to complain about pain or fuss and everyone says they don't know how I do what I do. BUT I put up a great front and it's hard right now -- We go see dr tomorrow and we shall see what he weighs and go from there -- My OB is giving me her goats rue when I go back on wednesday and she has PCOS -- she said it helped her a lot. Hopefully I can build up my supply for this little guy. Hubby just sees how I am at that point and knows I don't want to quit. I am not a quitter and want the best for this little guy. But he says I need to be healthy too and the added stress is not helping my milk. Hopefully it's just a hurdle we will have to get through. Hugs to all of the mamas out there and all of the ones dealing with struggles. Know you guys aren't alone.
April and baby Emmit
July 7th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can relate, Audrey has been having problems with nursing as of last night, she has completely stopped even trying to latch.

I ended up pumping and coming up with absolutely nothing, same deal this morning. The nurses are getting me to pump every 2-3 hours to try and stimulate it, but for the moment we are on formula.

July 7th, 2013, 07:11 PM
mommamuffin's Avatar Super Mommy
Awe April don't feel badly. I remember when I didn't produce enough for DD I cried because I felt like I was failing her - but as long as you are making sure Emmit is taken care of and fed and loved you ARE NOT FAILING. keep your chin up and do your best! That's what makes such excellent parents! Xoxo
getnthere, Kiam and apradams like this.

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q796/DLLovell/SquishyDDC_zps630852e9.gif[/IMG] [IMG]

[FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="Green"]Christina (me), Steve (SO), Isabelle & Leonardo.
July 8th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Veteran
UPDATE !!!!! Ok went to ped this morning and we are ok but close to the not ok side -- he looks great but weight is an issue -- we go in wednesday for a weight check and he needs to have gained 2 ounces by then. She suggested to supplement a bit of formula 2-3 times a day after breast and we shall see -- I am pumping but not getting much -- we shall see. Keep the prayers coming. Thanks for all of the support.
April and baby Emmit

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search