We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
I was scheduled for a c-section on July 25 but the week at my apt on July 9th with my OB she checked me (2 cm dilated, 75% effaced), and took my BP (145/100) and then sent me to the hospital to due a full urine culture to check for PRE-E, since I had severe PRE-E last pregnancy.... the plan was if there was any change to my uric acid level she wanted me to get my first steroid injection that night, then second the next day and then c-section would be that Thursday July 11th. After 8 hrs of waiting at L&D at the hospital blood and urine culture came back, I was good to go home they gave me meds for BP and said to follow up with my OB.
The next day my OB called since I left her a message telling her i was discharged and she was leaving on vacation for the next 3 weeks. She wanted me to go back to L&D next week for a check-up and then the week I was scheduled for a c-section she booked me an apt with another OB. 30 min after getting off the phone with her (4:30pm) I started having back pain, not intense just not comfortable and it felt like the baby was trying to come out through my belly (like he was pushing or leaning against the wall of my stomach).
I called L&D about 7:30 since my mom and husband kept insisting i call since I was scheduled for a scection I should find out how long i wait in btw contractions before I come in so it doesnt end up being an emergency one. I spoke with the resident and was told that they had many women come in with contractions because it was so humid that day they were dehydrated. She told me to make sure I was well hydrated and if in the next hour i had 6 contractions to come in (so instead of waiting till they are 5 minutes apart come in when they are 10 minutes apart.... ummm they were already 10-12 minutes apart and I live about 45 min away.
I decided I would wait it out... actually I think I was just in denial.... I was on the phone that night with my BF and she was telling me go get your bags your in labor and i was laughing at her... By 11:00 I was in pain and couldnt even lie down or sit with any relief. The pain was coming on about every 5-8 min, I woke my husband up and said I think we need to go. ( My mom was watching my 18 month old cause she thought i was in labor earlier....)
We got to the hospital as i was walking to the reception area a nurse passed me and announced to the front desk without saying a word to me, ``She`s in labor``. I turned to the nurse at the desk and said ``no, I think I might just be dehydrated``.
They put me on the NST machine contraction were every 1-2 minutes. Resident came in the check me (3 cm dilated). By 5am contractions were ontop of eachother but I hadnt progressed any further. I wasnt allowed any pain medication since I was having a c-section as soon as operating room was gonna be ready.
At 6:31 am Riley Ethan was born 6.5 lbs!!!
My hats off to all the woman who can do this au natural. (I was asking for anything said i would even take tylenol! Doctor thought i was funny... i wasnt joking)