Ryan is 1 month old!

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Veteran
I can't believe how fast the time is flying by!

Just gonna give a little update on how we're doing. First off I'm a FTM. I was definitely having some issues learning to cope with little-no sleep especially because for the first few weeks my body just wouldn't nap during the day with him and then when we were asleep at night every little noise he would make I woke up. I was running on 3-4 hours of sleep a day and it was wreaking emotional havoc. My mom finally convinced me to pump some milk and let Ryan take a bottle so I could take an ambien and get some much needed sleep. I'm EBF so I was dead set against him taking a bottle or paci until 1 month cause I didn't want anything to get in the way of our breastfeeding relationship. Apparently all I needed was something to kickstart my ability to sleep because now I'm sleeping all the time with him.
Actually 2 nights ago for the first time ever he slept for 5 hours straight! It was amazing

Ryan is a very calm peaceful baby and I'm so in love with him. He hardly ever cries, and his favorite place is on my boob lol

He is such a champ at breastfeeding that he has gained so much weight. At birth he was 6lbs 5 oz and yesterday at his 1 month checkup he weighed 10lbs!! I couldn't even believe it. His pediatrician told me to cut him off at 15 minutes on each side cause he wants to stay there for 30 minutes on each side sometimes. He just wants to suck but pretty much won't accept a pacifier at all - he either spits it out or knocks it away with his hands. Do you ladies have any ideas how I can convince him to take it? I have bought 4 different types and he seems to hate all of them.

He developed a pretty bad diaper rash but as soon as we switched him over to cloth diapers its been so much better.

I can't think of anything else to update on other than we're having a really great time together and I love being a mommy

How are all you ladies with your new babies doing?
July 24th, 2013, 11:54 AM
mommamuffin's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm so happy to hear that you're loving your first month! It's funny because looking back at Isabelle's first month I know we struggled with her not sleeping and me not producing enough and hesitating to supplement, but I mostly remember the good times!

Can't respond how I'm doing with this one yet - stubborn baby isn't born yet

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q796/DLLovell/SquishyDDC_zps630852e9.gif[/IMG] [IMG]

[FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="Green"]Christina (me), Steve (SO), Isabelle & Leonardo.
July 24th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My daughter is a month old today and I just found a pacifier that she'll take. We tried Gumdrops, Tommee Tippee, Soothies, Mam and finally she took a Nuk. I'm so happy. Obviously she still prefers the boob but sometimes I just need a few minutes with a tiny human attached to me.
Great job on the breastfeeding! Sounds like your son is growing well and you're giving him everything he needs!

July 24th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Super Mommy
Mmmmmm... 5 straight hours of sleep sounds great! And wow is your little guy good at growing. Isn't it amazing to watch him grow and know it all came from you?

We're doing well - my LO is 2 1/2 weeks old and easier than I remember my first being. Definitely still adjusting to having 2 kids though. I need more arms and ears!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search