Cloth Diaper Mamas

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Hsmom85
  • 1 Post By andrewbe7
  • 1 Post By bellabri287
  • 1 Post By laur2laur
  • 1 Post By doodoosmom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2013, 11:11 AM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
Is your LO in cloth yet? How old were they when you started putting them in cloth?

I think I'm gonna wait until April's cord falls off(which I'm surprised hasn't yet). Also for being 9 odd lbs here waist is tiny so I'm not sure how they would fit yet.

July 24th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Super Mommy
We started him at one week, as soon as we were out of the hospital. We have Happy Heiny Minis and Blueberry Mini Coveralls with Bummis prefolds, and they are awesome.

We haven't looked back since! We have a lot of disposables that we were given as gifts. I thought we would use SOME, but haven't touched them!

DH, who was completely against cloth, had become a huge cloth advocate and tells everyone how awesome and easy they are.
MeggysMommy likes this.
July 24th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Veteran
I had Ryan in Boulder, CO which I don't know if you all know it's reputation but it's very 'hippie' and eco-friendly. They provided cloth diapers in the hospital, they aren't fans of disposable diapers so he's been in them since day 1.

When we go out of the house though we put him in disposables though. He seems to prefer the cloth diapers though-they are definitely more comfortable.

Houghtie: The same thing happened with my boyfriend- he was not interested in cloth diapering, but I had been insisting on it since I first became pregnant. But then when we were at the hospital he realized how easy it was and now he likes it
MeggysMommy likes this.
July 24th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Twin Mama
I planned on exclusively CD the twins, yeah right!? One CD into it on day 2 home with them and we realized it was not for us right now. I have 3dz GMD NB prefolds, and 4 NB workhorse GMD's, and 4 NB covers in a drawer right now. I need to sell them.

Maybe we will try again when they are bigger and I'm a little more into a rhythm with them. I have 1dz GMD sz 1 prefolds and 4 larger sized covers. But for now, too hard and stress ful when they wet sposies so fast and CD's even faster.
MeggysMommy likes this.

July 24th, 2013, 01:23 PM
laur2laur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ryan was born 7/6 and we just started exclusively using our cloth diapers this week... he's finally big enough!
MeggysMommy likes this.
July 24th, 2013, 07:18 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
Laur2laur how big is Ryan now?

July 30th, 2013, 02:05 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
We're in cloth Nolan is 6 weeks & we started last week. I didn't buy many NB size diapers so only about 12 of his diapers fit so he's part time in disposables..We love cloth though!!
MeggysMommy likes this.
July 30th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Veteran
we started Hunter in Cloth when his cord fell off however he is havving issues with his cord so we have to be carfule. The firs couple diapers I was thinking oh boy this will be a chore but it is not... I love them and he loves them!
August 2nd, 2013, 11:28 AM
Super Mommy
We started Finn in them once his circ healed. As it turned out his cord fell off about the same time. Right now, he's still fitting into the orange GMD workhorse fitteds and prefolds, but has outgrown the NB Super Brites, but doesn't quite fit into the small Super Brites. He has skinny legs, so a lot of covers have a gap there. We are using Kawaii Baby OS covers some which fit okay, especially at night when I add a trifolded prefold as a doubler. Those were consignment sale finds that I scored for less than $2 each. The edge tape is coming off one, but that's an easy fix.

So far, it's going well. Except for a (not so small) flood in the bathroom yesterday while DH was in class. A valve that was running from the water heater to the diaper washing machine blew out. I had to call the city to cut the water off at the street. It was so not fun, but no major damage from that (did uncover some old water damage though ).

Now we're trying to determine what the next step will be. DH likes the fitteds with snaps. I'm liking the idea of AI2s. I got a Cheeky Revolution fitted earlier this week and am trying to decide between Flips, Grovia, and Ragababe for an AI2 system. I'll probably go with the Flip daypack in the Albert print (already have an AIO in Albert and love it). Tangerine Baby is stocking soon, so I'll try to score one of those OS fitteds too, as well as Little Seedlings. I figure with good hybrid fitteds, the cheaper covers we have will work fine.

Unfortunately, it's looking like I'll have to start buying disposables for daycare in about 6 weeks unless I can convince his pediatrician to write a note saying he needs to wear cloth. However, his pedi didn't even know what a cloth diaper was when I took him to his one month appointment...

"Shake it up now, Sugaree. I'll meet you at the Jubilee. And if that Jubilee don't come. Maybe I'll meet you on the run."
August 3rd, 2013, 03:16 PM
momto3brazils's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I started CD yesterday (her cord fell off) I have used GMD fitted workhorse with snaps and a wool cover and also prefolds with duo velcro covers.

August 3rd, 2013, 09:27 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
I'm thinking next week.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search