Birth marks

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 10th, 2013, 08:44 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
Squirm has a birth mark on her arm, and they believe another on her eyelid. They called them strawberry hemangiomas. We are seeing a dermatologist in September per her ped's recommendation. Hers has cleared up a lot on its own. I was just wondering if anyone else had experiences with these. Did they clear up on their own? If you saw a derm. what came of that?

Three weeks ago:

A few days ago:

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy

Last edited by NinjaCakes; August 10th, 2013 at 08:50 PM.
August 11th, 2013, 10:23 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
I dont know anything about those type of birth marks. My DS4 has a birth mark on his thigh that is actually white. His skin is not dark but a light golden color and the birth mark is about the size of quarter.

The other kids have regular light brownish color one like me.

Im thinking though that your right on that they just sorta go away on its own, one of my daughters had something like that on the back of her neck just right below the hairline and it went away at a couple months old. not sure if its the same thing though.
August 11th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Veteran
yes, I had one as a child. These kind disappear on their own, around age 8
you can still see the area mine was in because the skin is a little puffy
hardly noticeable.
Thankfully it will disappear, unlike the port wine stain birthmarks which my husband has. Those ones are permanent.
August 13th, 2013, 10:58 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my secondDD had one on her butt.. it was never a probem and you can hardly see it now. shes almost 5

August 14th, 2013, 09:01 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
My older DD has one on her neck. It has faded a lot, still noticeable though. It is also kinda lumpy there. We saw a derm when she was a year old and said it would go away on its own.

August 14th, 2013, 09:11 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
Glad to hear it Someone told me a derm gave them cataracts eye drops to make their baby's go away. If they will go on their own I think I'll pass.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
August 14th, 2013, 09:34 PM
LeslieRN72's Avatar Veteran
My first son had a raised hemangioma on his chest and neck. They got worse before they got better. I was convinced we would have to have them surgically removed. In the last few years they have faded/shrunk and you can't hardly tell they were even there.

Everybody has their own way of doing things and raising their children. No one way is better than the other. The end product will be the same no matter what path you take, and never let anyone make you feel otherwise.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search