Ariticles: Dad and Mom are unhappy about twins.

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Jessifer
  • 2 Post By Cicada
  • 1 Post By LilSunshine
  • 1 Post By Shea131
  • 1 Post By bellabri287

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 5th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Veteran
These two articles are going around lately about these parents who are everything but happy about having twins.

My Opinion: I don't blame her for worrying and such. But she was so desperate to get pregnant that she accepted both embryos when in that situation you HAVE to consider all outcomes, even the ones you don't desire. And when you go into this type of situation stressed, upset and negative, well it's only going to be worse. As hard as it will be (and I do believe this will be hard no doubt, one enough is hard), you got to relax, take a deep breath and prepare for it.

If you honestly get this upset and this worked up about it, your family will suffer and how will it get any better? Pretty much, I feel bad for this family but how they are taking the news and how they are handling the news is what I don't exactly see eye to eye with. Who knows, those two boys could be angels! Just don't give up on them by comparing them to their first born.

Though I do like how she's honest.

What do you Momma's think?

Dad's Story: http://http://www.babble.com/dad/expecting-twins-unhappy-with-pregnancy/

Mom's Story: I
September 5th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Super Mommy
I understand the fear of having twins. To be honest, I was relieved when only 1 baby showed up on my U/S. That being said, if I had had twins, I would have been happy nonetheless. And although I'd be scared about the outcome, I certainly wouldn't be describing myself as a "cancer patient" and calling the 3rd child the "extra" one? Seriously???

On top of that, it almost seems like they're just as ticked off about the fact that they are having 2 more boys instead of the 1 girl they truly wanted. It's a child, not a car! You don't get to just walk onto the lot and pick the exact make and model you want. How selfish and shallow can one be?
GamerMom likes this.
September 5th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Cicada's Avatar Regular
Reading that makes me think that they would have felt the same way about even a singleton pregnancy and were more in love with the idea of having a child than actually getting pregnant. I mean, even 2 young kids in a one bedroom apartment sounds like they just weren't ready for any addition.

According to the article, hey should have had them by now... Wonder how they're doing.
appletree and GamerMom like this.
September 5th, 2013, 07:51 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessifer View Post
I understand the fear of having twins. To be honest, I was relieved when only 1 baby showed up on my U/S. That being said, if I had had twins, I would have been happy nonetheless. And although I'd be scared about the outcome, I certainly wouldn't be describing myself as a "cancer patient" and calling the 3rd child the "extra" one? Seriously???

On top of that, it almost seems like they're just as ticked off about the fact that they are having 2 more boys instead of the 1 girl they truly wanted. It's a child, not a car! You don't get to just walk onto the lot and pick the exact make and model you want. How selfish and shallow can one be?
Exactly. You know the risks and that there is a 50/50 chance it's a boy...ugh.
GamerMom likes this.

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
September 6th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicada View Post
Reading that makes me think that they would have felt the same way about even a singleton pregnancy and were more in love with the idea of having a child than actually getting pregnant. I mean, even 2 young kids in a one bedroom apartment sounds like they just weren't ready for any addition.

According to the article, hey should have had them by now... Wonder how they're doing.
True, I wonder how they are doing. Wish they would write an update, lol.
September 7th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Reading the dad's perspective made me angry. The mom's article was a little easier to read. Maybe the dad holds some what of a grudge that the mom made the decision alone to transfer to strong embryos.
GamerMom likes this.

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
September 7th, 2013, 10:07 PM
Twin Mama
ahhh, i went through a stage of having some of these feelings. i did an IUI and ended up with twins after seeing 2 mature folicles and being told "you will be lucky if you get pregnant on your first IUI" HA!

i had fear, sadness, fear, anger, fear, depression and then acceptance. DH helped me alot because he was like"game on" when we found out. some days i honeslty think i ruined things for myself and should have just TTC for a year longer and we might have gotten pregnant. then one of them smiles at me and that thought melts away for a while.

twins/multiples are CRAZY hard, seriously multiply your crying baby times 2. people say "oh i wish i had twins" and i want to stab them in the face because, right now i can say NO YOU DONT! i cannot wait until they are older, the find each other... because no at 2 months they still do not know each other exist, and can play instead of eat, sleep, vomit, poop & cry 24/7.

but, i think their attitude is unhealthy and with a one bedroom apartment why on earth would you even think to TTC a 2nd child! if the post is true i hope those children and loved all they deserve, i worry for them.
GamerMom likes this.

Last edited by bellabri287; September 7th, 2013 at 10:12 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search