I tripped...

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 9th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Veteran
So I live in a 4 story house with multiple staircases and I should have known that this would happen sometime. I wasmholding Ryan going down from our kitchen to the downstairs family room that is my lair and I tripped while holding him I slipped all the way down with him still in my arms only to have him wriggle out at the last second. He rolled from the bottom step to the floor, luckily it's carpeted. He only fell maybe half a foot but he did land on his head. He cried immediately and for about 10 minutes probably because I was crying as well, I was so scared I had hurt him by falling. I called my mom and dad in hystrics. I checked his whole body for bruises, anything, felt him all over and he seemed fine. After about 20 minutes I nursed him and he fell asleep, when he woke up he was all smiles and acting perfectly normal. I called and scheduled a doctors appointment for him anyway just to make sure that everything is fine. I have a sore neck, bruised and sore arm, bruised butt, and bruised ankle, I'm just SO glad that I took pretty much all the hits in this fall. It's been a few hours now and everything still seems normal with him I'm just afraid that something is wrong even though there's no signs of anything.

Have any of you BTDT moms slipped with your children in your arms?
September 9th, 2013, 10:29 PM
Veteran
So glad hes ok.
It happens.
I have 2 dds/1 ds
September 10th, 2013, 11:06 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Yes for sure!! I have have 2 pretty good falls even while at the end of pregnancy!! it like the PP said...it happens! Dont worry yourself to much about it ( i know much easier said than done! )

You did everything right, you calmed down you looked over her and she hasnt shown any distress since the fall.

The funny thing about me is that I know Im clumsy anyways and am very prone to falling, even with kids in my arms , but I have passed on the clumsiness to my DS4 and DD2 lool...

Glad you made the appt just in case ......hope you heal quickly!!
September 12th, 2013, 03:52 AM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
I have fallen with B. We were walking up some giant steps at the park and my sandal slipped. She was in the carrier. Fortunately my arm was behind her head because my arm hit hard. She didn't even have a bump thankfully she is fine. It sounds like he is fine - no lethargy, no weird pupils, just normal him. Definitely won't hurt to double check though.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
September 15th, 2013, 09:24 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Any update on how your feeling? baby still doing fine after the doc visit?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search