The Dilemma..

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Breana_Ashlee's Avatar Veteran
We have finally found a way to get layla to sleep in her bassinet.. i love cosleeping and all but DH gets maybe 1/4 of the bed since layla somehow always finds a way to get as close to me as possible in the middle of the bed (our bed is pushed into a corner and we put her closest to the wall, i sleep in the middle and dh on the edge.)

I noticed last night that when i wake up layla i always on her tummy or side, and she absolutely hates sleeping on her back... so when she fell asleep after i fed her this morning i put her down in her bassinet on her tummy and voila! she sleep w/ no problems for an hour

the problem is i know shes not supposed to sleep on her tummy.. idk what to do..

[/CENTER]
September 15th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Super Mommy
I know for a while, Marcos would only sleep during the day on his side. I know you're not supposed to do that either, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. I'd just keep a close eye on him while he was napping. If you're doing chores around the house, maybe keep the bassinette closeby. I know that for me, personally, lying him on his side at night gave me too much anxiety. Also, I don't have problems with him at night, it's just during the day.

You might want to be careful with her co-sleeping with you at night cause if you're putting her to sleep on her back and she ends up turning on her side or her tummy, then she might be able to roll into the crack between the bed and the wall. Have you though about getting a co-sleeper where she can sleep on a separate surface? (like one that hooks onto the edge of the bed?) I've been thinking of getting one for Marcos once he starts moving around from side to side cause I know one of these days he'll be prone to falling right out of the bed.
September 15th, 2013, 03:04 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
I have put my last 5 kids to sleep on their backs HOWEVER, ( and as i read on a previous post from one very very expeirenced mama , as she worded "the back to sleep police" are going to knock on your door!") I put my first 2 only on their tummies to sleep and 3rd sometimes because back in those days it was what was common.

In fact, my mother did me and all my brothers and sisters like that, and my moms mom..

soooo, the point being as long as your aware and checking baby, do what works. Yes we know the current reports of safer ways which is bts, but it isnt written in stone.

Im happy you found something to help baby sleep and hopefully your more rested too!!

I also agree w/ pp regarding the co sleeper option for baby on a more solid surface and not so soft as a bed for tummy sleeping and to avoid to crack between bed and wall.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search