If you could start all over....

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2013, 04:25 AM
Veteran
What's the one thing you would change starting from the day your LO was born?

If I could start from the day she was born I would definitely go for breastfeeding instead of formula feeding. The formula has given me nothing but grief since I had to change her milk THREE TIMES. For different reasons she couldn't be on certain formulas that we changed Adelyn to. Seriously, I didn't think it would be this ridiculous to have a formula and feed her with.
September 20th, 2013, 06:16 AM
Breana_Ashlee's Avatar Veteran
ditto on going back to breastfeeding... i gave up too quick but my nipples were soooo sore and cracked and bleeding.

[/CENTER]
September 20th, 2013, 06:49 AM
Super Mommy
If I could do it all over again with Marcos, I would try from the very beginning to put him to sleep in his crib for his naps. When he was born, for the first couple of weeks, I liked having him sleep in my arms and cuddling with him. There's nothing wrong with that but I feel that maybe I did it too much and this is why now he will not sleep during the day unless he is in my arms.
September 20th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Honestly, I can't think of anything. With my first I was just like you gals and gave up on breastfeeding too quick.

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
September 20th, 2013, 01:35 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
I too cant really think of anything atm.
September 20th, 2013, 04:03 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
The only thing I can think of is I wouldn't have chosen to pump at all. It did give my nipples time to heal up a little but I feel bad that she had to have bottles at all. But given that she had to be under the bili lights, I probably would have had to anyway. The staff didn't listen when I said I wanted to try to bf.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
September 20th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Would have told the braindead lactation consultant to shut her mouth and not let her hassle me so much. I put up with too much of her guilt tripping in the hospital. It's amazing how little she actually knew and scary how harmful her incorrect information could have been for me.

September 20th, 2013, 05:18 PM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
Nothing. With my dd I toughed out a difficult painful breastfeeding experience in the beginning, so I learned from that this time and got help with his latch early on and a cream to heal my bleeding nipples. So these early days of nursing Zachary have been much more pleasant than it was with Juliet. Hopefully he nurses as long as she did (18 months)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search