How much does your LO drink?

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2013, 04:35 AM
Veteran
I know this is a difficult for some mothers because they are breastfeeding and it's hard to judge unless it's pumped out. However, how much do you think they are drinking?

Adelyn is drinking about 4-5oz a feeding now and she's 10 weeks old! She's drinking this every 4 hours roughly so I get good breaks in between feedings and changes to do other stuff like house chores.
September 20th, 2013, 06:54 AM
Super Mommy
Marcos is a big feeder! He's 9 weeks old and is still breastfeeding every 2hrs during the day. When I pump milk into a bottle and DH feeds him at night, he can sometimes drink up to 7oz! (and he doesn't spit any of it up)
September 20th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Jax is 9 weeks old and is breastfeeding every 2 to 2.5 hours during the day. He's not very consistent though. Some feedings he will just take one breast and others he wants both. I was away last night and DH said he drank between 5-7 oz bottles but went closer to 3 hours between feedings (I think). I left 5 oz bottles made and he needed a little more than that.

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
September 20th, 2013, 01:37 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Up until about 2 days ago D was drinking around 4 oz every 4-5 hrs now she is taking sometimes 5
September 20th, 2013, 04:05 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
I'd say 4 or 5 at most, usually less than that (based on the time between feedings). 5 is the most she's weighed up after a feeding.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
September 20th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
130ml every 4 hours or so.

September 20th, 2013, 05:22 PM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
He nurses every 2-3 hours during the day, up once usually at night, but he's done a couple nights where he's slept all night. He's gotten pumped milk a few times and gets 3-4oz.

September 21st, 2013, 08:30 AM
Veteran
Ryan is breastfed and eats about every 2-3 hours but it seems like he's getting a TON of milk. I've just started pumping and freezing the milk to add to the rice cereal he'll start getting in 3 months and I am producing like 6-7 oz in 10 minutes when I'm pumping and he's on the boob for like 20 minutes when he eats and he always takes both sides so I have no idea how much he's getting.
September 23rd, 2013, 08:46 AM
Super Mommy
He nurses every 1.5-2 hours. At daycare they are giving him 2.5 ounces every 1.5 hours with me nursing him when I drop him off, at lunch, and when I pick him up. At grandma's he eats more like 2.5 oz every hour (this has been an ongoing issue with grandma, but she's getting better about not overfeeding him). I think that he might be starting to reverse cycle because he's starting to clusterfeed more at night than he has been in the past.

"Shake it up now, Sugaree. I'll meet you at the Jubilee. And if that Jubilee don't come. Maybe I'll meet you on the run."
September 23rd, 2013, 03:24 PM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
BF every 1-2 hours all day but sleeps a 6-8 hour stretch then another 3-4 hour stretch. With a bottle he drinks 3-4 oz of pumped milk.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search