Top 10 Newborn Essentials

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 24th, 2013, 01:14 PM
So today I posted in my blog about what our top 10 essentials are for our LO. I thought it would be fun to see what you all agree or disagree with! What is your top 10? Or top 3 at least?

http://leviandlaura.wordpress.com/20...rn-essentials/

Last edited by laurabora; September 24th, 2013 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Added link!
September 24th, 2013, 01:56 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
I'm on my phone so I had to play a guessing game as to what some of them were. Assuming we're not counting things like boobs and diapers, my tops would be baby carrier (my Maya wrap), wet pads for diaper changing accidents, and socks for days when pants are too much work.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
September 24th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For us:

Carseat (bit of an obvious one)
Playmat (Audrey loves lying on the floor but we have pretty hard floorboards)
Fold up bath (Our house is tiny and storage space is limited)

Umm... wine and coffee?

September 24th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Super Mommy
I'm surprised that a nursing pillow is not in the top 10. I love mine so much I'm thinking of buying a 2nd one so I can have one in each room!
September 24th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Super Mommy
On the top 10 list, the only one we even really use is a baby carrier.

He's swaddled and doesn't use a sleep sack yet, has slept in a crib since day 1 so the arms reach co sleeper and portable bed are off the list. He won't take a paci. We have a recliner instead of a glider. He's a very happy baby and sleeps 9 hours straight at night, so I don't need the book or the white noise app. We might have used cloth wipes if we weren't gifted 5 billion disposable ones (for real. 5 billion.) I would like to get my hands on some lactation cookies though...

It should be "Top Ten Newborn Essentials for Some Babies."
September 24th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houghtie View Post
On the top 10 list, the only one we even really use is a baby carrier.

He's swaddled and doesn't use a sleep sack yet, has slept in a crib since day 1 so the arms reach co sleeper and portable bed are off the list. He won't take a paci. We have a recliner instead of a glider. He's a very happy baby and sleeps 9 hours straight at night, so I don't need the book or the white noise app. We might have used cloth wipes if we weren't gifted 5 billion disposable ones (for real. 5 billion.) I would like to get my hands on some lactation cookies though...

It should be "Top Ten Newborn Essentials for Some Babies."
Totally agree, that's why I called it "Our" Top Ten! It's awesome to hear how babies are so different and it's funny how varied the parenting experience is for everyone.
September 24th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Veteran
This is my 3rd Lo.
My top 10 vary yes.

1. Fisher price little lamb swing. (this is my #1 for the first 8 weeks!)
2. Heating unit (whether it be a bottle warmer or kettle to heat water) for los supplement bottles for 4am feeds.
3. Sangenic nappy disposal unit. I have 2x of these.. so enough said.
4. Change table with built in bath
5. jungle musical mobile (attached to side of cot , has monkey, lights, waterfalls and fish)
6. xbox360 for late nights
7. iphone, to take pictures and send them to fam friends on the spot
8. Moo Goo moisturiser for his head <3
9. co sleeper for the actual bed
10. last but not least, steelcraft car seat that pops out directly into the pram/stroller. winning all the way
September 25th, 2013, 03:30 AM
Veteran
There would be my top 10 things.
1. Teddy Bear Mobile. She loves watching it and even laughs at it.
2. Fisher Price Aquarium. Again, something she watches before bed.
3. Soother. Helps at times when she is really fussy.
4. Baby Tub. Adelyn absolutely LOVES baths. We give her one every night now.
5. Fisher Price Swing. Keeps her entertained when she's awake.
6. Oval Drops: Adelyn doesn't burp very well herself so this has saved us a few times with pinned gas.
7. Rocking Chair. She loves to be rocked so when she's fussy we will rock her to sleep.
8. Scratch Mitts: Adelyn's hands are always cold so we put them on during the nights to keep them warm.
9. Stroller: She loves going for walks so whenever it's sunny we go for a small one since it is good outside.
10. Playpen: We tend to travel quite a bit thanks to living outside the nearest city by about an hour. That means we stay at relatives places when we have errands or doctors appointments in the city. The playpen gives her a place to play and sleep.

And these would be my ten things I am happy to have with my newborn.

September 25th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Super Mommy
I agree with some of your list. The Happiest Baby on the Block (we got the DVD post baby) was a lifesaver during those first few months. And luckily, we already had a white-noise machine.

Sometimes, I do wish I had a glider, but we have a beautiful 19th century antique rocking chair in his room that I adore. The problem with it is that while I fit in it well, DH is just too big for it.

The carrier is definitely on my list too. I started with a Moby, but have recently made a mei-tai that we like a little better (it helps that it has our favorite college football team logo on it).

I will say that I originally laughed at the idea of a changing table, and wouldn't have gotten one. We were gifted a used one and we use that thing for every single diaper change.

"Shake it up now, Sugaree. I'll meet you at the Jubilee. And if that Jubilee don't come. Maybe I'll meet you on the run."

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search