What you hated/loved about your July pregnancy?

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Jessifer
  • 1 Post By NinjaCakes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Veteran
I saw this question asked in another forum and decided that I would try asking everyone here.

What did you love about your July pregnancy?
What did you hate about your July pregnancy?

I loved whenever Adelyn got the hiccups and whenever she was really active and started moving a lot. It was a great feeling and I miss it terribly.

I hated being sick all the time during my first trimester, having kidney stones in my second trimester and lastly being huge during the summer months making the heat feel ten times worse during my last trimester. Made for a very uncomfortable pregnancy.

How about you ladies?

September 26th, 2013, 10:50 AM
chessalove's Avatar Love my little family
I loved only having to put newborn Mila in a onesie or mostly just being in a diaper. It's more fun to dress her up now that it's cooler and she's filled out. I loved that it was too hot outside to do anything, because she was too little to do outdoor activities with. She will be such a fun age for the holidays this year, and next summer she'll be plenty ready for kiddie pools, the zoo, ect.

I hated... not much really. It was easy to hide pre-bump bloating in the winter months, and it was a releif to be able to wear skirts and dresses once I got really huge. I would do another summer baby if I could.
September 27th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love that the IVF cycle worked.

Disliked carpal tunnel syndrome, preeclampsia, gestational diabetes, morning sickness. To be honest, disliked pretty much all of it, I'm not an 'enjoy being pregnant' person, I'm more of a 'means to an end' pregnancy person.

September 28th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Super Mommy
What I liked: I liked the fact that by the time 3rd trimester came around, I was able to shed my winter jacket and wear lighter clothes and dresses. Also liked the fact that I could just leave Marcos in a onesie and not constantly fret over him being cold. It's also great that next summer, Marcos will be old enough to be walking about outside (hopefully).

What I didn't like: Being 2 weeks overdue during a massive heatwave - couldn't go anywhere cause I was uncomfortable and sweating like a pig. DS was still too small to go to any of the awesome summer events they have around the city. I was mostly at home all day with the A/C, hiding from the heat. I kind of feel like we skipped through the summer, and now it's fall already!

In retrospect, I hope next child will be born in early spring, like March or April. That way when summer starts he/she would be 3-4 months old and we could actually go places and enjoy the weather.
chessalove likes this.
September 30th, 2013, 12:00 AM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
I'm not sure I truly hated anything. It was annoying to have to buy bottled water constantly because our tap water made me vomit (stopped immediately after she was born). Having to get IV fluids because it was so hot was a bummer.

I honestly loved almost everything. Feeling her move, having a bump, sleeping like a normal person, seeing her on ultrasound, being able to wear sandals all the time, the emotional steadiness and happiness, the carefree feeling (up until bf got fired), getting things ready..
Gini_3boys likes this.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
September 30th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
I don't know that I hated anything. Sure things were annoying. Like how bad my legs and hips hurt but I truly made sure I enjoyed every part about my pregnancy bc it was my last.

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
September 30th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaCakes View Post
Having to get IV fluids because it was so hot was a bummer.
Argh, yes! Passing out on the train during a heatwave and having to go to hospital was not a good moment.

October 2nd, 2013, 09:17 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Loved---- this was my first summer baby so I loved wearing summer clothes during it.

Disliked--- All the aches and pains!
October 2nd, 2013, 11:52 AM
Gini_3boys's Avatar Super Mommy
I loved being able to wear tank tops and flip flops while being hugely pregnant and hot!
And being able to swim!

I hated trying to get comfortable to sleep at the end and being 2 weeks overdue

Devin - 06/29/2004 Riley - 03/01/2007 Kyler - 07/20/2010 Tanner - 07/30/2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search