Teething

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 14th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Veteran
Hello!Most of you may not know me, since I was a August due date so pretty much stayed there all my pregnancy..but having a July 30th baby, I find myself hovering between the two groups now '

Just wondering when your babies have started teething and whats the first signs to watch for? Is it painful for them from the start or are there warning signs? My son lately has been playing with the nipple inside his mouth from one side to another after only eating 2-3 oz (normally he eats 4-5), wondering if he's playing, bored, sleepy, or if it could be an early sign of teething and he's trying to comfort his gums?
October 14th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Super Mommy
I'm a FTM so I don't have too much experience with this. However, my son has also been doing that for the past month or so. Sometimes he puts the bottle nipple or pacifier in the corner of his mouth and chews on it. I thought he might be teething but his gums don't seem that hard and aren't turning white. I think it's just a new thing he discovered and he thinks it's fun, just like lately he's obsessed with putting his fists in his mouth even when he's not hungry.
October 14th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Veteran
haha..my son does the same thing by shoving his fist in his mouth as well!
October 15th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Super Mommy
Finn started drooling a lot more at 8-10 weeks old. That kind of came and went, but in the last few days he's started trying to chew on his hand and spent an hour gnawing on my finger last night. I can't feel them yet, so I don't think they've broken through, but they are definitely coming.

"Shake it up now, Sugaree. I'll meet you at the Jubilee. And if that Jubilee don't come. Maybe I'll meet you on the run."
October 26th, 2013, 08:37 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugaree View Post
Finn started drooling a lot more at 8-10 weeks old. That kind of came and went, but in the last few days he's started trying to chew on his hand and spent an hour gnawing on my finger last night. I can't feel them yet, so I don't think they've broken through, but they are definitely coming.
That's about how T is. Lots of chewing on fingers (his own and mine!) and more drooling for sure.

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
October 30th, 2013, 09:28 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
Babies explore the world through their mouths, so it can be hard to tell teething until the tooth comes through. It is totally natural for them to drool in anticipation of getting something in their mouth/having it in their mouth, to eat their hands because they've learned how to use them, ect.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
November 3rd, 2013, 12:57 AM
Finger chewing (not sucking) and excessive drool are signs of teething. My lo started at 12 weeks. I tried sooo many teethers and my lo doesn't enjoy any of them. But I recently got teething mittens off etsy and he loves to chew on those!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search