Working up the courage to quit my job

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2013, 06:20 AM
TerriLF's Avatar Super Mommy
My husband and I have decided it is time for me to stay home until all the kids get into school. We planned this after my DD, 3 years ago, also but I never made the jump because I felt like I would be leaving my work in a bind. With Elliott's arrival I am ready to stay home full time. I work 10 hours days and have a very stressful job. It makes me have to get up at 330am to get myself and the kids ready before I have to drop them off at daycare at 630. It is too early for them and too early for me. I don't get off until 530 and by the time I pick them up and get home I barely have time to feed the order kids, nurse the baby, get everyone ready for bed and asleep. I hate not having enough time with them.

ANYWAYS.
..NOW HOW DO I TELL MY BOSS I'M LEAVING. I just came back from maternity leave 3 weeks ago and I knew then I wasn't staying but I said I would be back after maternity leave, so I wanted to keep my word. Now I don't know how to tell him I'm leaving but will stay for a month if needed to get someone trained and things in order... Any ladies been in my shoes or have any advice?
October 16th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Super Mommy
Just tell your boss that coming back to work has made you realize that it is just too difficult to maintain a healthy work-life balance with your job and 3 little ones at home, so you have made the decision to prioritize your family and be a SAHM. You have a right to quit your job and you don't owe them any favours, only the courtesy of giving them advance notice that you are quitting and providing them enough time to replace you (I don't know about the US, but in Canada, they expect 2 weeks notice). And if they don't understand or respect that, then your loyalty was obviously misplaced.
October 17th, 2013, 01:25 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
I agree with Jessifer and I like what she said to tell your boss. You need to do what is best for your family and it sounds like staying at home is just that. I think with you giving him a month's notice (and willingness to train someone else) you are going above and beyond.

BIG hugs to you!!

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
October 23rd, 2013, 09:37 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
I definitely agree with PP. I'm like you, I feel guilty not keeping my word, possibly inconveniencing someone, ect. Really you're doing the right thing for you and your kids which is all that matters. Just try to keep telling yourself that

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search