How to get baby to sleep

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2013, 04:27 PM
chessalove's Avatar Love my little family
How do you get your baby to nap or sleep for the night? I currently nurse my baby to sleep then slip her into her crib. It works for now. I used to rock her to sleep but now she's too heavy and she won't let me rock her in a chair (must be standing up swaying or walking around).. so yeah it's basically just boob and bed. What are you all doing?
November 10th, 2013, 05:12 PM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
Nurse, but not to sleep. I used to rock him to sleep, but a couple weeks ago he didn't want it anymore, so now I nurse then lay him in the rock and play and he gets himself to sleep. I want to switch to the pnp bassinet, but I'm too afraid to change what's working.

November 12th, 2013, 07:35 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Usually once I swaddle D she goes to sleep and I just lay her down. My experience is that baby tends to change the way she goes to sleep and I try and go with the flow.
November 12th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Veteran
Adelyn is a great sleeper! Around 7pm we usually feed her and give her a bath. In the bath she usually kicks and plays around to tucker herself out. Then we place her in the crib and she plays herself to sleep. She sleeps until about 7am the next morning. It's great!

November 12th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Veteran
Ryan and I go to bed at 8, give or take 15 minutes and he's really easy. I sing a song or two to him while I change his diaper and swaddle him, then I turn on the white noise machine and we cuddle under the covers together and he nurses to sleep. I usally fall asleep while he nurses, it's a very simple routine and hasn't changed since he was 1 week old.
November 12th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Super Mommy
I give Marcos a bath every night at about 7:30. Sometimes I even get in the bath with him or sometimes DH does. He loves it! I used to rock him and nurse him to sleep but for the past 2 weeks he just doesn't want to. After spending a couple of nights spending 2-3 hours trying to get him to sleep, I finally decided to just put him in the crib wide awake with his white noise machine. Well he spent about 7-8 minutes in his crib babbling to himself and then fell asleep. He's always been a very curious baby and I think he has a hard time handling any sort of stimulus like lights or noise when he is tired - it's too distracting for him. So now, that is what we do every night (and even for naptime) and it works like a charm. Once in a while he whines a little bit but it only lasts about 5 minutes.
November 13th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Story, bottle, cot and she is out like a light.

November 14th, 2013, 04:31 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
Usually if she is hungry close to bed time we will read a book, then she will eat and just pass out. If she's not hungry she is pretty good about falling asleep wherever she is at. If she's cranky and fighting it, the maya wrap does the trick.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
November 15th, 2013, 06:15 AM
TerriLF's Avatar Super Mommy
I nurse him at about 7:30 or 8pm and usually he is passed out by the time he finishes nursing. If he is still awake I may try and rock him for a few minutes, but he usually gets too squirmy and I end up laying him down in his crib and he puts himself to sleep.
November 17th, 2013, 06:54 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmiraX4 View Post
Usually once I swaddle D she goes to sleep and I just lay her down.
Same here! At nighttime Ty does really well just being put down swaddled, even if he's awake. In the daytime we often use the swing or I rock/sway him to sleep.

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search