clipping babys nails

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kiam

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 18th, 2013, 10:13 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Man Dilly doos nails grow do fast and I think nail cutting is the grooming task I like least! its crazy that although with each baby Ive gotten better at not clipping parts of the skin ( oouucchh!! ) but its has not gotten an easier. loool..
November 18th, 2013, 12:13 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
Yea the older they get the harder it seems to be, for a while at least.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
November 18th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I do it while she's asleep, mwahaha.
LilSunshine likes this.

November 18th, 2013, 02:11 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
I hate doing it! I usually make DH do it. LOL They grow so fast and get so sharp!

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
November 19th, 2013, 03:35 AM
Veteran
I know what you mean by nails growing so fast. I actually don't mind clipping them. I tried asking SO to do them but he's afraid he'll end up hurting her so I am left with that task.

November 19th, 2013, 08:13 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
I've never been able to do stuff to my kids when they're asleep, they'll wake up! So far clipping Zachary's nails isn't too bad. I bribe my DD with nail polish after clipping if she's being difficult.

November 19th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Veteran
Neither Ryan nor I seem to mind when I clip his nails. He just sits on my lap and we watch TV while I do it.

However, he hates getting the boogers sucked out of his nose. I call it scream fest - it breaks my heart to hear him scream and cry like that but I have to get them out
November 19th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Super Mommy
Ugh...I nicked him the last time I did it and there was soooooo much blood for such a little wound. I also think I cried more than he did. So now I'm gunshy about doing it and make DH do it.

"Shake it up now, Sugaree. I'll meet you at the Jubilee. And if that Jubilee don't come. Maybe I'll meet you on the run."
November 20th, 2013, 08:25 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugaree View Post
Ugh...I nicked him the last time I did it and there was soooooo much blood for such a little wound. I also think I cried more than he did. So now I'm gunshy about doing it and make DH do it.
aawwwe poor him and YOU! I know ive been there, done that, the feeling is awful, but as you said, it is a little wound and it heals so quickly. FWIW, none of babies held it against me

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search