Drinking more milk

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 22nd, 2013, 05:20 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Daliyah has started to drink like 5 ounces now pretty regularly and sometimes she drinks 6. She still only drinks 3-4 during her night feed though.
November 22nd, 2013, 07:45 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
Ty drinks a ton! If I'm bottle feeding him, he typically has at least 5 oz if not more bm. He still spits up quite a bit, so I wonder if that's why he eats so much.

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
November 23rd, 2013, 08:11 AM
Super Mommy
Oh god, Marcos has been going through way more than that. Even at 10 weeks old he could plow through 6-7oz of milk like it was nothing and still want a feeding two hours later. Lately I've been giving him 8oz of milk with 2tsp of rice cereal in his bottle around 6pm. Even with that, he still wakes up once or twice a night for a feeding. He is an eating machine.

I talked to my doctor about it and because he's such a big boy and has such a huge appetite, he gave me the green light to start him on solids, so we gave him some bananas this week. The first time it was okay, but the 2nd day I think I overdid it cause I gave him bananas 2x that day and it made him super gassy and cranky. Yesterday, I gave him only rice cereal to give his tummy a break but I gave him bananas this morning again, so we'll see how it goes.
November 24th, 2013, 04:40 PM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
I won't do more than 3-4oz in a bottle of breastmilk.

November 28th, 2013, 03:52 AM
Veteran
Adelyn is drinking about 5-6oz a milk a feeding though her feedings are spaced to about 4-5 hours each. I also give her cereal in the mornings and before bed. She's such a big eater that the doctors gave us the ok with cereal so that she'd take in less milk. (Was about 8 oz without cereal throughout the day). It's been working great so far!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search