Check in!!

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 28th, 2013, 04:36 AM
Veteran
How are all you Momma's feeling? Have we reached our goals like losing the pregnancy weight or not procrastinating on house chores? Life at home going good?

How about the little ones? They on a schedule yet? Still BF/Formula or have you tried some solids like cereal or other foods?

November 28th, 2013, 05:55 PM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
I've lost the pregnancy weight, but still have about 30 extra that's not budging (not that I've tried.. but I lost some extra after DD without trying)

The house is a mess. Between work and Zachary and then DD when she gets home, I feel like I have no extra time, until they go to bed, then I just want to relax. I just scheduled a house cleaner to come right before we have 2 weeks of various family guests for Christmas, I'm excited for someone else to clean for me and to not stress about the house being dirty for guests

Zachary isnt very scheduled, although he's been napping a bit better this past week (but not today..). Still totally breastfed and don't plan to start solids until at least 5 months, but probably 6. No cereal, we'll be doing baby led weaning/solids.

November 28th, 2013, 08:21 PM
Super Mommy
Chores are not too bad because we have a 1-bedroom apartment so there is not too much upkeep. We are preparing for the Holidays AND for our one-month trip to Cuba right after New Year's so we're slowly marking things off on our checklist (Marcos' passport turned out to be quite the ordeal but it's supposed to be ready next week!)

Marcos was constantly hungry and got to a point where he wanted to breastfeed every hour, 2 hours maximum. I talked about it with our doctor and he recommended we start solids little by little. I was a little concerned about it at first, since in North America they recommend EBF until 6 months. However, it seems that in most of Europe and Latin America they say 4-6 months, so I guess it depends on whether the baby is meeting certain benchmarks. Anyway, so far he's had rice cereal, bananas, and carrots. We've been giving him each new food once a day (only about a tablespoon in total) for 4 days in a row to see if he's reacting well to it. The bananas gave him really bad gas so we stopped it, but he's done really well with carrots. Tomorrow we are going to try sweet potatoes. I'd like to give him more fruits, but I have food sensitivities to pears and apples, so I might wait a few weeks before I try giving it to him.
November 30th, 2013, 09:24 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
I have lost my CRAZY amount of weight I gained this pregnancy and I am on a mission to lose another 20 by 25th. I have so far lost a few lbs so its a start.

D has been a great baby overall, however the last week or more she has had trouble staying asleep at night. She was waking up like after 4 hrs of sleep then at the 2 hr mark, I have a feeling is starting early teethingbecause she is drooling alot. Hoping this changes soon.

Not starting any solids yet although last night at dinner she was really interested in all of us eating and probably the smell. She sits with us at the table. She is still drinking formula.
November 30th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm around pre-IVF size (gained weight from the hormones) don't own scales so I don't know (nor care, really) what I weigh.

Audrey is on a rough schedule, I don't make much of an effort to stick to it though.

She decided that she was going to eat, by taking mine or DHs food out of our hands and shoving it in her mouth on several occasions, so she now has food once a day. She had cereal but wasn't too keen on it, so far she has had sweet potato and zucchini. She ate the zucchini but wasn't too impressed by it, but she gobbled up the sweet potato then cried when it was finished. Might cook up some carrot today and see how that goes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search