Heartbreaking!

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 28th, 2013, 06:29 AM
Veteran
About a month ago my friend broke up with her boyfriend of two years. They have a 8 month old daughter who they both love very much. So I found it weird how two people who loved each other could just break up out of the blue. She eventually told me the story.

My friend went grocery shopping and left her boyfriend with their daughter. Now normally leaving your daughter with the father is about the safest thing you could do, especially since her boyfriend was such a nice and caring person. He would never mean to hurt his own child. Well later that day my friend came home and everything seemed perfect.

A few days later, she noticed that her daughter was having flu like symptoms. This didn't really cause an alarm to her because it was only about a week ago she had the flu herself and it was pretty bad. She just figured that her daughter had finally caught it. It was only until Thursday that her daughter ended up having a seizure that my friend knew something was wrong. Her and her BF took their LO to the hospital where they immediately took the LO in.

After a few hours, the doctors had to air lift their daughter to the city hospital. There, my friend and her boyfriend found out that their daughter had a skull fracture and a broken rib. Wait what? My friend was confused. She thought that her daughter had just gotten the flu, she never thought anything this serious. But how would she? Everything was fine! Well it was apparent that something happened and since the parents were not saying anything (My friend really didn't know), Child Services were called.

Sunday, after a long talk with the Child Services group and some doctors about the baby being taken away did her BF finally confessed. While my friend was grocery shopping, he decided to give their daughter a bath. Everything was perfectly fine until he went to grab a towel and slipped. He ended up falling on top of their 8 month old daughter and thus her injuries.

It took this guy a week to confess about harming his little girl. A WEEK. His excuse to my friend (his GF) was that he didn't want her to be mad at him.

Really? THAT'S your reason!?!? Over the welfare of you daughter? Ugh.

It didn't take her long to break up with her boyfriend and make plans for her and her daughter to live with her mother as soon as her daughter can leave the hospital. She still has to go to court and fight for custody but she thinks she won't have a problem since she honestly didn't know and her boyfriend confessed to everyone that he kept it to himself and he didn't tell her anything.

I can only imagine the hurt and pain she's feeling.

Her daughter got discharged yesterday but because she is waiting for her court hearing (which happens to be today!) she can't take her daughter home. She has to be treated equal to her boyfriend until the courts have their say.

Oh, did I mention she is getting grief from her boyfriends parents because they think she just "threw him under the bus?" She didn't try to work things out but ended the relationship. Might be a harsh thing to do but she was too upset that he cared more about her not being mad at him than to think of their daughter's health.

As of right now, her daughter is fine. They are not sure if long term affects will happen or if she is suffering from any brain damage because she's too young. She did have a few problems moving her right side (arm, leg, turning her head) but that seems to have fixed itself.

Such a heartbreaking story. Been thinking of that poor little girl for the past two-three weeks. Going to send her a Christmas present soon. I just hope her ex has learned something. My friend is willing to give him some custody over their daughter but it has to be supervised. She doesn't trust him anymore which is reasonable.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search