Sleep training/Night weaning

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GamerMom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 20th, 2013, 04:53 AM
Super Mommy
I know this is a contentious issue, but has anyone started sleep training/night weaning their LO?

I've been thinking of starting with Marcos, because lately he's been waking up every 3-4 times a night. I've been dealing with it by feeding him but I honestly don't think he needs to be fed that often at night at that age, maybe just once at most. I also don't think it's teething - his gums seems normal and when I give him a teething ring or my finger to chew on, he doesn't seem to care. I think tomorrow I'm going to start weaning him off the nighttime feedings, except for one at the 6-hour mark (around 11pm-midnight).

Any advice?
December 20th, 2013, 05:37 AM
Veteran
Good luck! I don't really have any advice to give because Adelyn has been getting up for only one feeding per night since she was 2 1/2 months old. I was crazy lucky. And I hope this night weaning works out for you! I am glad Adelyn figured it out herself because I would have no idea how to even start her on it if she wasn't, lol.
chessalove likes this.

December 21st, 2013, 08:31 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Im not sure if your feeding baby already or not, but if you are then yah baby 'may' not need all those feedings during the night.

Will your LO take a binki or a lovey to comfort and sleep again? The whole STN thing is very hard to deal with sometimes. I ve been through it all. Some of my babies STN on thier own, some just needed reassurance, and one just didnt sleep at all until I stopped BF at age 1 1/2!!

Its really hard advice because babies are so different in the approach. I try not to pick up baby at first little sound or breath. I try and let them settle a little on thier own and then offer the binki, sometimes just a light pat on the back or something or a soft .sshhhhhhhh.

I hope it works out for you and please update with how its going and what techniques you are using, we all know the value of sleep!!!
December 21st, 2013, 12:10 PM
Super Mommy
I started feeding him solids 3 weeks ago, so I'm quite sure he's getting enough food during the day. I think he is mostly waking up out of habit than hunger. He doesn't have a pacifier cause he seems to prefer sucking his thumb. Most of the time when I put him to bed he'll just turn on his side, stick his thumb in his mouth, and fall asleep. We've tried going over and reassuring him or even singing to him, but he acts like it's playtime and starts whining the minute we stop.
December 21st, 2013, 04:27 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Well thats a great start anyways because at least he goes in and lays down. even if he plays himself to sleep? very sweet.
December 29th, 2013, 05:12 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
I don't have experience with this, but I'm curious to see how it goes!! Typically when T gets up he does eat quite a bit, but he's been sick lately, so he has been waking up to be comforted more often (but I don't blame him and hopefully when he's 100% he'll sleep better!).

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
December 30th, 2013, 05:10 PM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
Zachary's sleep wasn't so great, up about 3x a night and I was going to see what I could do about weaning that down to 1x, but now he's sick so I'll nurse him whenever he wants. Once he's all better we'll try again. My daughter slept well, up 1x a night from 3-6 months, then was up a lot from 6-9m and when I thought I was going to lose it and crash my car from exhaustion when commuting to work, she suddenly started sleeping all night! It would be great if Zachary could get himself doing the same

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search