I gave D some oatmeal last night!

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 21st, 2013, 10:23 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
D and my entire family minus DH, have/are slightly ill with colds/coughs. So D has not been wanting to drink very much milk, but seemed hungry so I gave her just a tad of oatmeal and everytime that spoon came towards her face, she SMILED and was soooooo happy. When I stopped giving her a bite she would fus!!! too cute!!
December 21st, 2013, 01:16 PM
Super Mommy
Marcos did that the first time we gave him pear puree... he absolutely loved it! So far I've given him: bananas, rice cereal, carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, pears, apples, prunes.

I've noticed he tends to like fruits much better than grains or veggies. He hated sweet potatoes and sometimes doesn't want his rice cereal unless I mix in a bit of pears or apples in it. Now that we've pretty much given him all the "yellow" foods, I'm going to try to give him either peas or green beans tomorrow and see how that goes.
December 21st, 2013, 02:50 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So far Audrey has loved sweet potato (she will happily take all of Marcos's off his hands, haha), pumpkin, broccoli, cauliflower, peas, carrots, apple, avocado, banana, pear, nectarines, semolina, apricot, blueberry, watermelon, chicken (she had one serve with avocado and one serve with sweet potato) and beef (one serve with pumpkin and one with carrots and sweet potatoes).

She was a bit 'meh' about potato and zucchini and she HATED cucumber.

I should probably note as that is quite a varying list that I am pretty sure we do 'first foods' differently here. The recommendation here is rice cereal to see if it stays down for a few days, then just give them everything and try to mix up the types of foods and tastes as much as possible.

Seeing as we are heading into Christmas I am sure she will have some turkey soon, and I have some passionfruit, cherries, lamb, kangaroo and salmon to give her too. My Dad needs to catch us some more snapper.

Last edited by Kiam; December 21st, 2013 at 02:54 PM.
December 21st, 2013, 04:44 PM
Super Mommy
I have been introducing each new food by giving it to him 4 days in a row and checking whether he can digest it properly before I start him on something else or mix it with another food that he's had before. That's why it's been taking a bit more time for him to try a little bit of everything.

I did notice that the bananas and the squash gave him a lot of gas, so I only gave it to him once and will try again in a couple of weeks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search