Well I did my best...

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2014, 01:16 PM
Veteran
We went home for the holidays and as soon as we arrived, we found out through family and friends that our hometown had an outbreak of the Norwalk Virus and a general flu virus. Yeah, what fun! Not only that but we stayed at my SO's parents house for a few days and his mother was very sick. In a few short days, my SO also had it. So to be safe, I decided to take Adelyn and go to my mother's place for a few days and escape the sickness.

I called my Mother beforehand and she was all but happy to have us! (SO stayed with his family to try and contain the sickness to one place) Well within the few hours I arrived only to find out that my mother started to feel sick and by that night she also was sick as a dog. So I snagged myself and Adelyn one of the bedrooms and told my mother not to go near the room.

Safe to say I was very careful with Adelyn to make sure she didn't get any of this stuff going around. I made my mother and SO wear masks whenever they held her so they wouldn't breathe on her. I bathed her every night in warm water to help clean away anything she might have picked up. Pretty much, I did everything in my power and for the most part it worked!

Everyone got better (in the few days a lot more of our families got sick) and I thought we had finally beat the thing!....until I got up with Adelyn last night and found her with a runny nose, a sore throat (confirmed by doctor later) and on and off fevers.

Yeah, my poor baby girl has finally gotten the darn flu. I went to the doctors with her to make sure it wasn't the Norwalk virus which they said it wasn't. Just a viral infection that should be gone within 5-7 days. If not, back to the hospital for her.

So yeah, safe to say I may or may not be on this very often in the next week or so thanks to my baby girl being sick. Now I can't wait to get us home so I can better look after her and hopefully escape with my health!

January 3rd, 2014, 06:57 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
UUggg sorry to hear that...you sound like me though when the sickies come and im chasing the germs with my clorox""

We have been fighting this stuff too..not sure what it is but as soon as we came back from our week long stay at the beach everyone is sick again.
January 3rd, 2014, 12:08 PM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
sickness going around here.. first my dd with a cold and cough, she got well enough in time for Christmas, then right after Christmas Zachary got it. I took him to the dr Monday and he has a double ear infection now. He's starting to get better but New year's eve I started feeling sick and got the bad cold also. DH has also been battling it throughout.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search