Healthy eating thread

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kiam

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2014, 04:53 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was thinking that seeing as so many of us (most of us, I believe) have been talking about trying to eat healthier/better foods lately it would be useful to have a thread dedicated to healthy foods.

Share your recipes, healthy food ideas, yummy things you have eaten (photos too!) and all wonderful things related to healthy foods.

January 9th, 2014, 05:01 PM
I'm planning on making homemade burgers for tonight, I usually have to make two different patties due to my dietary requirements.

Chickpea patty:
1/2 cup soaked chickpeas, mashed
1/4 cup semolina
1 teaspoon fresh chives
1/2 teaspoon smoky paprika
1 clove garlic
Egg white

Chicken patty:
1/2 cup chicken breast mince (I am pretty sure you guys call what we call mince ground meat)
Egg yolk (the whole white/yolk thing isn't really important, I have issues digesting egg yolk, that's all, so it's the easiest way to use the whole egg)
1/4 cup semolina
1 teaspoon chives
1 clove garlic

I pan fry them with a little bit of oil (a tablespoon at most), at the moment I'm using macadamia oil, I find it has a really lovely taste. I'm making them with watercress, rocket, sundried tomatoes, red onion, pineapple, avocado and cannellini bean hommus.

January 17th, 2014, 06:48 PM
chessalove's Avatar Love my little family
YUM thanks for the chickpea patty recipe. I became a vegetarian 3 months ago so I'm still building up my collection of vegetarian recipes
January 17th, 2014, 07:23 PM
This is my favourite blog, technically they're vegan recipes, but what I have made from her have worked out wonderfully:
Sunday Morning Banana Pancakes: recipe box
chessalove likes this.

January 19th, 2014, 07:12 AM
chessalove's Avatar Love my little family
bookmarked. thanks!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search